cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4KIAi0KSUp
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Tab e SMT-560 - 8GB Battery Problem

Samsung Galaxy Tab e SMT-560 - 8GB

I am having a problem with the battery.  When the device is fully charged and then disconnected from power source and switched off when I come to turn the tablet on in for example 12 hours later the battery is on zero!  I have had the battery changed and also tried a new Samsung charging cable but still the same problem.

I have removed the SD card, signed out of my google account and reset back to factory settings.  But still the same problem

Any other advice would be much appreciated?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab e SMT-560 - 8GB Battery Problem

Sorry, I have no real help for you except to turn off wifi completely, but it sounds like you may have already done that.  Is the tablet warm when it's off?  Was this the issue when you had the battery replaced?  

user4KIAi0KSUp
Asteroid

Do you mean turn off wi-fi on the device itself as this is switched on!  The tablet is NOT warm when switched off! I had the battery changed because of this issue!  Any ideas?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Well, it's obviously not the battery.  If background processing and wifi is off and the tablet is actually turning off and not sleeping then the only other thing it could be in my estimation is a hardware issue, a low resistance to ground power drain which happenes even with the tablet off.

I believe that is an inexpensive tablet so sending it into Samsung for repair, unless it is still under warranty, would probably cost more than it's worth so you'll either have to live with it or upgrade.  Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

user4KIAi0KSUp
Asteroid

hi

wi-fi was switched ON. But i have now switched this off.  What do you mean by background processing switched off? I actually turn the tablet off when it's fully charged. I disconnect from power supply but when I switch on again around 12 hours later the battery is flat!