cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFPh4jbi0FB
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 8.0 slow charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While using Samsung Galaxy Race 2 from last one and half year and now facing the same problem of slow charging. Every time I need to put the tab off and leave it on charging for almost 20 to 22 hours till it gets fully charged. The charging is even slower when I use the tab while charging or it is  put on  and left for charging. The problem is started only one month back and aggravated  after the software was upgraded.  In my opinion it is related to software upgrade. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you performed a factory reset since the upgrade?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrJHAYZ4eM5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will I lose data when I try a factory reset? 

@SamsungJam wrote:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You would need to back up your data prior to resetting.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userztj0RiV7am
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my Tab S2, 9.7. Started charging more slowly for the past few months, then the past two days does not get enough charge to turn on at all so I can't do the reset suggested in the discussion. When it is plugged in, the charging sign flashes on and  then off again. The fellow at the computef store says it is a software problem and Sammsung would have to fix it. ( it was upgraded to android 7). 

Any other thoughts on how I could get it going again? 

MartyvH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam wrote:

Success with my Tab S2 9.7! It is now back to normal - about 2 hours to charge from 40% to 80%. It was very disheartening to see it take many hours to charge and the battery draining when charging and using at once. What a relief.

userztj0RiV7am
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I did several factory re-sets, made no difference, it still charges extremely slowly. I also tried several other chargers besides the original one, to see if that would make a difference. It did not. The charging port does not seem to be lose. Takes about a week to charge fully. Once the tablet is charged, it holds a charge normally. Called Samsung. They are asking for a $199 deposit before sending it in. Not worth it. I think they shouId test it and, if it is some sort of software problem, they should fix it. I am going to sell it, 'as is'.

useri8wYERnvba
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which suggestion worked? 

Highlighted
userfIYXPfFRDX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please please tell us what you did to turn it around.....I am nearing a dreadful thought of switching to ipad if Samsung isn't willing to be as loyal to us as we are to them.

userOW7vLiFGpD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same probablem and have noticed that when you go into the battery settings the screen is using all of it, when in the battery menu click on screen and says it has been running for hours on end, when i know this is not the case. the tablet seems to think the screen is always on hence draining the battery.

Does anyone else show the screen as always on when its actually not?