cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wheat
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 8.0 slow charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Basically what the title says. When charging, the device bites off more than it can chew and drains faster than it can charge, even with a few apps open or when I'm not using it. It still lasts normally, and it doesn't run out of batter quickly, but the problem is charging slowly. I'm always getting the "weak charging detected" notification. I've already tried wiping the cache partition, but to no avail.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wheat
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 8.0 slow charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, this did work. Getting a new Samsung charger was the solution. 

47 REPLIES 47
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you by chance using the charger that came with the tablet? Do you notice any loose pins in the charging port of the tablet or does the charger "Wiggle" when attempting to charge?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
wheat
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using the charger that came with the tablet. I found out that the issue was the charger itself. I also have a Galaxy s5, so I did an experiment and tried charging it with my Tab s2 charger. My phone was also charging unusually slow. I decided to buy a new Samsung charger online, and hopefully this will fix the issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let us know if this does and keep us updated! 

Community Guidelines: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-General-Guidelines/ba-p/459817
Terms of Service: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Welcome-Blog/Samsung-Community-Terms-and-Conditions/ba-p/460091
wheat
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, this did work. Getting a new Samsung charger was the solution. 

usergQKVtMsibz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice only had it for 2 months at the most.

userxLPNcgUWT5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've replaced the original cable and charger. Ive tried several new cables and chargers and it still charging slow. The battery has a big red X on it. And it never connects to my laptop or computer..?....???.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you seeing the red X when it's plugged into an outlet as well?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userTDZHUxGzAD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the slow charging problem also.  While the tablet is running and plugged in, it slowly drains the battery instead of charging. When I turn it off and leave it plugged in, it charges very slowly, and sometmes it won't charge at all. I know it's not the charger or cable, because my brother has the identical tablet, and I tried his charger and cable, to no avail. I rebooted, cleaned the cache, tried a different (correct) charger, but nothing worked. Is my tablet going to be a brick soon?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Charging slowly or not at all while being turned off seems like it may be the charging port. I would at least try a software re-flash from the Samsung Experience shop at your local Best Buy but if it changes nothing, it will most likely require service.