cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUpQzT0kTg4
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 8.0 slow charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think that the firmware for the pmic (power management ic) is shot in the latest software.

Only charging works and data is totally busted (can not be seen when connected to pc at all).

How can Samsung not be aware of such a flaw and fix it asap?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just so we are aware, which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

userPk3r0cGV7Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Can you explain the steps I should take please. Thank you

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Just so we are aware, which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried another Samsung charger with the tablet?

userUpQzT0kTg4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried multiple cables (that work fine with all other phones - Samsung S7/Galaxy tab S2 9.7/Sony etc)

I have tried multiple chargers (Samsung quick charge as well as Samsung standard and Anker 6 port charger)

Tried changing the USB mode (*#0808#)

I have tried resetting device (long press vol up/down/power)

When connecting device to PC to use Odin to downgrade it is not even seen by Windows 10 (again it only charges albeit slowly - this to me is an indication that D+/D- are not handled correctly by the PMIC sw which in my mind is the root cause of this whole issue).

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userUpQzT0kTg4 I would be happy to look into this further. Can you please drop a private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the full model and serial numbers of the tablet? 

userCK4I6eFSGf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any further developments here? My S2 8.0 has gradually completely discharged over the course of a couple of days even while apparently "charging". Charger and cable are original, but charging has become increasingly more erratic over the past few months.

Highlighted
userbcTv5gJ5ro
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This seems to be an on going problem we just got in 10 x Samsung Tab A SM-T595 and all of them are having the same issue. When they are on charge they go flat if the unit is turned on they wont get enough charge in. Yet I have 20 we have purchased a few months ago with no problems.