cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFPh4jbi0FB
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 8.0 slow charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having Samsung Galaxy S2 tab and experiencing very slow charging in last one month.  it was taking more than 30 hours in off mode for charging using original USB cable and original plug top. I have gone through discussion made in different forum and undertaken Below action to resolve this problem.  

I have discharge it completely and on power off mode connected to the same cable and plug top, it charged in 10 hours. this is how my problem was resolved.

if this solution help anyone I will be happy.

artfulJohn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Can you explain how to discharge S2 tab completely? I don't know how to do this.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unplug it from the charger and press and hold the power and volume down keys together until the tablet powers down. You will want to continue holding them for an additional 30secs to a minute to fully discharge the tablet. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYmvzHqFA8D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I have the same problem( slowly charching ,i want to discharge my  Samsung S2 9.7 .For how long i have to press  POWER and VOL (-) keys?my battery level is still at 40% ?Thanks in advance .

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

rwil195
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my S2 9.7 tab.  I have factory reset, bought a new Samsung charger and cable, totally discharged and it is still 20 - 28 hours to charge with power off.  It is 3 months past warranty of course.  I haven't replaced the battery or charge port and could probably do both myself, but I am very irritated by this.  I have had Samsung devices since the Galaxy S3 phone and now have the S9 phone, 7" tablet, 8 inch tablet, and the S2 9.7" tablet.  This is the only one with this issue and I refuse to believe that there is not something Samsung could to to eliminate this problem! 

Please let me know if there is a solution not already mentioned (and tried) other than opening it up and replacing battery and charge port.

userpE23uVrvMJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might want to have a look at this post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ProductUpdates/thread-id/261...

They seem to have found the root problem and a solution. I haven't tried yet though.

useroUSCSJhwCZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have re-set my tab S2 to factory settings 3 times to no avail, holding start/volume button does'nt work, all that happens is tab continuously tries to re-start , takes all day to get too 80% then how long overnight to reach max. i don't know, useing while plugged in gradually drains down the the battery not compensating as others have noted, will not connect to pc as it did before, have got the latest Samsung updates, tab is 3 yrs old, i suppose i have to go to a samsung outlet and pay through the nose to get it fixed,

Thanks hopefully, in advance!

userkNQoiio5G0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do you discharge the tablet completely?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userkNQoiio5G0 You would have to let the unit's battery drain till it powers off then plug into the charger.