JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700) screen brightness can not be changed

(Topic created: 11-13-2019 01:40 PM)
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The screen brightness can not be changed. Neither in the settings, nor on the buttons. All updates are installed. Graphics and monitor drivers are also up to date. Is this problem known? What else can I do?

13 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

Is the auto-brightness turned on? What is the current build number? You can find this number by going to settings>about tablet>software information

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Even with auto-brightness turned on nothing changes. It's a tablet with windows 10, so if you mean the operationsystembuild it's 18362.449

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It sounds like a driver issue to me. Try reinstalling the Samsung agent or Samsung update and see if it has a new graphics driver available or allows you to roll back to an earlier version.

You can even try to roll back from your last windows update from the Settings, windows update menu or to a previous restore point.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the hint. I also think it sounds like a driver problem. I have already tried so many things: reset the PC, all drivers update, old graphic drivers installed, so that the new can be downloaded again and then installed. Could it be the latest Intel graphics driver, so I just have to wait for the next Windows update? the latest graphics driver is from 30th of October and I noticed the error last week.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Can you check and see if there is a restore point prior to 30 Oct.  Going back to that might be the easiest thing to do.  Control Panel-> System -> System Protection -> System restore

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, I no longer have a restore point because I reset the tablet several times. this is very annoying

0 Likes
Solution
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

After hours and hours of reset, install drivers, uninstall and so on, it finally worked. The brightness can be controlled again. what exactly it was now I can not say, the graphics driver that I had last installed before it worked again I have previously installed several times. Finally it took me about 20 hours to get it working again. even the Samsung phone support could not help me. I hope this mistake never occurs again.

bill-e
Options
Tablets

Congrats!!

Bill
---
0 Likes
usernPjTNVbwDi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My display was doing the exact same thing. Did a factory reset and it worked fine. After installing all Samsung updates, it did it again within 5 minutes after I closed the tablet on the keyboard. I really think this is the worst $500 I ever spent on a Samsung product!!!