cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 stuck on samsung logo + downloadmode

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the tablet plugged into the charger when you are trying to power off?

userV1RzEhZtGk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for follow up.  I did both, with charger plugged in and without. The result is the same.  if I leave it unplugged, it will eventually run down the battery and shut itself off. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was this after a software update?

userV1RzEhZtGk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not recall any software update for a while. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you send a Private Message https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the model and serial numbers of the device? 

userV1RzEhZtGk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Message with requested information sent.
userF58OZj4DEf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello. Did you find any solution. I have the same problem with my tablet (Samsung galaxy note 10.1) Don’t know what to do. Please help!!!
userV1RzEhZtGk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, I have been commiunicating via private messages with (presumably) Samsung tech.   The last advice I was given is to take my tablet to Ubreakifix store to perform a memory flash.  I just happened to have one in my city - Memphis, TN.  The tech has tried to perform a memory flash, twice, using his software, and it did not work.  The service is free, by the way. Now the Samsung tech is suggesting to send it in for service, but as one user in this forum said, it may be cost-prohibitive.  I certainly do not think I will be spending a lot of money replacing the motherboard.  So, I am waiting for my next instructions on where to send this tablet and how much it would cost to fix it.  I really hate it too, a very nice tablet and it was hardly used and looks brand new Smiley Sad  

usern69K6Wp0fA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing just happened to mine.  seems to be stuck in exactly the same place as everyone above.  It kept telling me Play store needed updated.  I kept trying to update it when, boom, stuck in bootloop.  If I would have known it was going to do this I would have just saved all the pics and videos of the kids from the last 4 years.  Hearing that all that data is lost really ticks me off.  Looks like Apple may have another customer in the near future.

Highlighted
userT2uZ3FQzcO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And here's another one !!! 

My  Samsung Note 10.1 model GT-N8000  - the extra expensive one that takes a SIM card started doing the same last night out of nowhere, but only when I connected to 4g network as I was away from home ( odd that ? )

It's just looping the Samsung Galaxy Note screen over and over until the battery runs out. Can't turn it off.

I went online on the desktop, searched for a fix, tried the pressing power button and volume etc. nowt, no joy, nada, rien - so I guess my tablet which has been looked after very carefully and treated well and kept in a case so it's in pristine condition is effectively dead. I am not happy. 

So, since I know that here in France a repair will be very expensive and simply not economic, can anybody suggest a different make, not iphone and NOT SAMSUNG,  (sorry Samsung, I won't be buying another of your phones or tablets ever again ) that does a reliable decent quality tablet that takes a SIM card and doesn't cost a fortune ?

Preferably one without 'built in obsolescence'- as I think is the case here.