Original topic:

Samsung Member's App is missing Error Reporting Feature

(Topic created: 05-15-2023 03:59 AM)
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The Samsung Member's App version 4.5.00.11

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.voc&cId=000006837822

The app is missing the error reporting feature on the support screen when tapping on "Error Reports". Instead, it directs to the screen for "Asking questions".

Because of this it's not possible to send an error report with attached system logs as it should be possible to do.

See attached screenshots.WhatsApp Image 2023-05-15 at 06.57.08.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-05-15 at 06.54.36.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
The developers have fixed this issue in the latest update of the app.

View solution in context

13 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@DemonRx It looks like you are on a tablet. I wondered if that was the reason. But I opened the same app on my Tab S8+ and it opened to the expected screen with options. Included was the option to send an error report. 

I would try clearing the cache for the Samsung Members app. Maybe even deleting it and reinstalling it. 

0 Likes
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I tried both clearing the data and cache and reinstalling. Didn't resolve it. Could you post how it appears on your screen ? Mine's an S7+
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@DemonRx Here is from my Tab S8+ Screenshot_20230515_105057_Samsung Members~2.jpgScreenshot_20230515_105704_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Yeah that's funny so the first screen is the same as mine but the second screen to choose the error category doesn't appear for me 🤔...just goes to the ask questions screen. (Which is feedback rather than an error report)
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@DemonRx Have you tried wiping the device cache partition? It could be an old setting which has become corrupted. 

0 Likes
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hey, 

So I rebooted into recovery mode. Cleared the Dalvik Cache, and also ran Repair Apps. 

Then reinstalled Samsung Members App, opened the app and low and behold I  get a notification there's a newer version of the app just released today to version 4.5.02.2. (Samsung App Store, vs Google Play Store)

However, unfortunately the same issue persists.

0 Likes
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
How do I contact developers of this app to report this bug ? The contact information in the app stores point to a no-reply address 🤦 (see attached)Screenshot_20230516_102654_Galaxy Store.jpgScreenshot_20230516_102758_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
DemonRx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Still no solution
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Leave a rating of 1 star on Galaxy Store and describe the issue.   Hopefully they will respond. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes