Samsung Notes Input Bug since One UI 6.1 Update - Tab S9

(Topic created: a month ago)
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Galaxy Tab S9 (Wi-Fi) 6.1 / 14 / April 2024

Samsung Notes 4. 4. 17. 29

Been having issues with input since the update to 6.1. There’s no case or metal interference.

When writing, the font will immediately disappear, will look like its fading into a blur (zooming in/out or adjusting view brings it back into focus. Will hear writing/erasing sounds but nothing will be visible until I close out the note and go back in, then the app did record what I input/erased.

The behavior is inconsistent but is happening since the update and I use Notes multiple times per day and its becoming annoying. I haven’t been able to figure out what is causing it, certain pens, certain zoom levels, screen tech, refresh rate, etcetera – the bug is weird. Did not start happening until after the software update and I’ve made no physical changes to my S-Pen or Tablet.

6 Replies
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
The feature where you pinch to zoom and the zoom level would automatically land on the width of the paper/display screen size for the page width isn't automatically stopping as you cycle through the zoom of the document
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try Safe Mode.  I'm not sure if Notes is available in Safe Mode but if it is and it works, then the issue is being caused by another app. 

Also, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
What other app would be causing an interference? I would have to dispute this theory.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
You can dispute it all you want but the most common issue after a Samsung upgrade is app incompatibility and when apps misbehave, they cause all kinds of weird behavior in many seemingly unrelated areas...hence the need for Safe Mode.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Seems nonsensical and a mislead. It's a softball software issue with the Notes app. ,hopefully more people complain
0 Likes
IAmOmnipotent9
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
*False alarm, just tried to erase/write and couldn't see the actions until I exited the app and went back in, then saw what I erased was gone. What a weird bug smh didn't start until 6.1 One UI
0 Likes