Original topic:

Samsung Notes Upgrade Prevents Best Handwriting To Text Conversion

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
halinagold
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

As a writer, to be able to write in hand and then later convert to text is essential for me. This is the only reason why I purchased the Samsung Tablet S8+ in the first place. I could write in hand, click the Handwriting-To-Text icon and then have text converted, one page at a time. It was perfect.

Convert.jpg

However, after an update of Samsung Notes the other day the icon for conversion is no longer there!!! I know I can have text converted while I write it but that is immensely disturbing for the creative process. Plus, the handwritten text disappears as soon as it is converted.  The other option, to touch text and then have it converted only works for one line at a time, and that just takes too long.

I, and I assume many, many other writers and students, desperately need to get the access back to the previous way of converting, it is essential for my work as a (published) writer. 

Please allow us as writers to choose which conversion method we prefer as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

4 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Just long press your writing and you'll get a convert to text pop up1718382185216.jpg1718382185259.jpg
halinagold
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for chiming in @TipsyTrex 
However, on my tablet that only works for one line at a time, not for the entire text on the screen. 
Are you able to make it work for multiple lines?halinagold_0-1718386540683.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
If you grab the thicker solid blue line in the middle of the top and bottom lines and drag them, then will expand to capture additional written text above or below them. However, this will not expand if there is no text under it1718396564207_1718396564196_0.jpg
halinagold
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

THANK YOU @TipsyTrex! You just saved my (working) life!

0 Likes