Samsung Recovery backup requirements for Galaxy Book ?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Recovery backup requirements for Galaxy Book ?

[ Edited ]

Hi Forum.  Trying to create a backup of Windows 10 with a microSD card.  I shrunk the Windows 10 volume to approx 120GB and I purchased a 128GB microSD, but am unable to choose the device regardless of whether microSD is external or inserted in internal tray.  Does Samsung Recovery backup require a size larger than Windows volume and if so how can I calculate?  My Galaxy Book has 256GB SSD.

Thank you, Sven

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Recovery backup requirements for Galaxy Book ?

It's honestly going to depend on if the tablet have the ability to boot from SD at all. Which, this can be checked within BIOS. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Hi SamsungCole.  Thanks for your answer.  I do not understand what being able to boot from SD slot has to do with determing the SD card size needed to make a backup of Windows image.  Let me try asking a different way.  Can I make a backup of a prestine Windows 10 partition on Galaxy Book 12 ( 256GB model ) with a 256GB SD card ?

Samsung Moderator

I mean, if you can make a back up on any SD card, then you can do this with this SD card too. The only thing is, if your tablet/computer cannot boot from SD then the backup will just sit unusable on the SD card. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.