cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergB4sBqwR7o
Asteroid

Samsung Support Needs Improvement

Potential Samsung buyers beware. This story should help persuade you to avoid Samsung products.

I bought a Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch tablet in 2018. For those of you who may not know, this I quite an expensive tablet.  Late 2019 the display started flickering when the battery fell below 30%. After a few weeks, the display started shutting of after this flickering. Over a few more weeks, this progressively became worse, occurring when the battery fell below 60%. Did some research online and many sources pointed to a bad battery. This made sense since there was no issue when the tablet was plugged in. 

I contemplated replacing the battery myself or going to a local repair shop but decided to call Samsung support. Boy was that a huge mistake! Since the tablet was out of warrantee, they offered to diagnose and repair for a flat fee of $65. This is in line with cost of local repai shop so I gave it try. Sent the tablet to their only US repair center across the country to NJ. Received an email later that the tablet arrived, that it would be assigned to a technician, would take 5-7 days to repair and that I could text the repair number to them for immediate status update. After about a week and no update, I texted for status and it said "technician has been assigned to your device" or something along those lines. Over the next week, I texted for status updates replied with the same message so I decided to call them. They apologized and said they called the repair center and that they needed to order parts which would come in soon and that I would receive an email on the status in the next day. Of course I revived no email so I called them a week later. Same reply, sorry but parts are on ordered and you will receive email with status. No email of course so I just gave up. Their lame text status system is still giving the same message about technician being assigned. Over a month after I first sent my tablet in I receive an email stating the tablet has been repaired and is shipping back to me. I receive a few days later and see they replaced the display and main board but not the battery and soon discover that the tablet still has the same screen flicker/shutoff issue. 

Call Samsung again and they issue a new repair ticket and I did explain the issue to the Samsung Rep and ask her to document the issue clearly. I ship the tablet back to them and  of course I don't bother with their lame text update system and just wait patiently. About a week later I receive an email that there was no issue found and that they are shipping the tablet back to me. I receive it and it still has same issue.

Call Samsung again and they apoligize open a new ticket  and I ship my tablet again. About a week later I receive an email that the tablet is being shipped back unrepaired. No explanation, nothing?!

After wasting my time calling a Samsung and shipping my tablet to NJ, forking over $65 for a useless part replacement and waiting months, I'm still left with the same broken tablet.

i must admit, this makes me wonder what kind of experience I can expect if my washer, dryer or TV ever need repair. Probably won't buy Samsung products ever again.

Signed,

Upset Ex Samsung customer

PS - I write this from my new iPad. Works great and I know if I have issues I can go to an Apple store for world class support.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsonati
Constellation

Re: Samsung Support Is Awful

That's crazy. I had the absolute #1 bear customer service today. He helped with everything I needed and oh so very quickly too

usergB4sBqwR7o
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Support Is Awful

Just wait until you have to send your device to their repair center. Apparently only one in the country...not even one in SoCal. This "repair center" is also a 3rd party: not even in actual Samsung facility. They outsource crappy support lol.

userh6TNleV3rP
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Support Needs Improvement

I sympathise with this writer. I am reading of countless issues with Samsung Tabs and lots of solutions from other users but nothing from Samsung themselves. If they don't know the cause of a problem then they ought to.

Does Boeing expect the passengers to come up with a solution when it has a technical problem with one of its planes? !!!!