Original topic:

Samsung Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard Cover Issues

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 07:57 AM)
ODoyleRules
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I'm a huge fan of Samsung, I have a ton of Samsung stuff, but this Keyboard Cover is pretty frustrating. For something that costs $350, this should be at least as refined as the Magic Keyboard for Apple iPad Pro. Unfortunately, it's flimsy, difficult to prop up on anything other than a flat surface like a table, and I am constantly having issues where it either misses key presses, or lags after I press a key and acts like I'm holding the key down, and does something like thisssssssssssssssss. If there was any real 3rd party option for the equivalent, I would never have bought this. Very disappointed with the quality at the moment.
9 Replies
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately, it does that, i do use mine on flat surfaces and i dont encounter such issues
0 Likes
ODoyleRules
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I'm typing on a table right now and still have issues with the lag and missing or adding keystrokes
0 Likes
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
You should update the keyboard cover firmware
ODoyleRules
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I did for the last time it was offered, which was maybe a month or two ago. I was hoping there would be an improvement, but no such luck. I also thought there was going to be an update for a spell checker for the physical keyboard, but I haven't seen any option for that either.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The last update was on 8/10 so if that's not the one your thinking of try to get it. 

To get the update have the tab and keyboard on and connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data and then disconnect the keyboard for 10 seconds and plug it back in.  You should immediately see the dialog for the update. 

As far as the spell checker, the rumor is One UI 5. 

I only use mine on a desk and I don't notice any lag

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
ODoyleRules
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
That's the update I'm thinking of. And the lag isn't consistent, it just like it freezes sometimes, and either won't register key presses, or freezes while pressing a key and essentially holds the key down and adds a ton of them.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It should be under warranty.  Mine very occasionally won't register keys when I first bring the tab out of an overnight sleep but I just disconnect for a second and it's OK. 

While the repeating key sounds like software I'd call for warranty. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userP8KIZE8HzY
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Yes, I agree with the bad quality of the Tab S8 Ultra Keyboard Bookcover, it's sooo bad, that a recall is definitely warranted. Wow, Samsung how could you put this out on the market and not expect massive complaints.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I have an issue with the added keystrokes as well. However, I have used a different Bluetooth keyboard and it does the same thing sometimes. I turn the Bluetooth on and off and it fixes it for a short time. Perhaps this is a connection issue...
0 Likes