JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Tab Trade-in help

(Topic created: 10-12-2020 07:25 AM)
xmoses80801
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hello. I need someone to help me and explain Samsung's process of trading in Tablets because I'm trading my Tab S6 for the Tab S7+

This is my 1st time ordering and trading in directly from Samsung rather than Best Buy
0 Likes
4 Replies
JLA781
Halo
Options
Tablets

Hey!

I just went through the same process.  What happens is when you go order, they will ask you what type of tablet you have and what its condition is.  When you select it, it will take the credit off of the total price of the tablet.  A few days after you receive your new tablet, they will send you instructions on how to send you S6 into them for evaluation.  And that's it!

Hope that helps. Here is the link https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/tablets/galaxy-tab-s/

0 Likes
Solution
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

hello @xmoses80801 

it's a really easy process to be honest. when you go to order your Tab 7+, you choose the trade in option. It will ask you questions about your current Tab 6, and then give you a credit based off what you answered about your Tab 6. When you get your new Tab 7+, you can use Smart Switch to transfer your information over from your Tab 6. Then you want to factory reset your Tab 6 before sending back. Make sure you remove any SD cards you might have as well.

Now if you still have the original box for the Tab 6, use that to return your device as that will help keep it safe in shipping back to samsung. If you don't have the original box, make sure you bubble wrap the tablet really well. Because they will be inspecting the device when they receive it, and any damages done during shipping will be hard to try to tell samsung that it wasn't like that when you shipped it. They are valuing the tablet as they get it, so if its more damaged than you originally stated in the trade in statement during the Tab 7+ order, you won't get the full credit that was originally quoted. You don't need to return the charging cable, you just return the tablet.

You will receive an email from samsung about the trade in, with the return shipping label for you to print. You use the same shipping box that your Tab 7+ came in to return your Tab 6.  You just cross out the label that's on there and place your return label over it. 

Take it to an actual FedEx shipping location, they are pretty specific about that. You do not want to use like a place that is an "authorized FedEx" shipping location. Dropping off at those locations will not get you shipping confirmations and receipt confirmation from samsung. I had to drive 30 minutes away to get to my FedEx shipping location. It's just worth the drive for the confirmation receipt and updated information. 

Then it actually takes like 2 weeks, from when samsung sends you that trade in receipt email, before you get an email from samsung saying whether or not your trade was accepted for full credit. 

Hope this helps and let me know how much you like the Tab S7+ over the Tab S6....I have the Tab S6 and was soooo tempted to also trade it in for the Tab S7+. But, I had gotten the Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 3 and Buds Live...so I spent some money already, lol. Plus I really like the keyboard cover with my Tab S6, so I would've wanted it for the Tab S7+ and that's an extra $230 so I decided to just keep my Tab S6, lol.

userjZz35YDmgI
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

How long does it take to recieve the fedex return label email? Also would it still be ok if I where to use another service to send the device since a fedex location is quite far from me.

Thanks

0 Likes
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
it can take 2 weeks to get the email with the return label, but you MUST go to a FedEx store to take your box. They can only track your package return if it's scanned at a FedEx location and if they don't receive it, you will not have an official receipt from FedEx showing you gave them the package. In the email they specifically say you must take to a FedEx store. I have to drive over 30 mins away for my local FedEx store.

0 Likes