JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Tablets and Pens

(Topic created: 11-23-2021 05:02 PM)
nodakskip
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

For a few years my mother and I each had a Samsung tablet 10.1 inch 2016 model SM-T580. Via a Costco pre-black Friday sale I now have a "Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4" Wi-Fi Tablet 64GB Model SM-T500NZATXAR" I have seen videos on youtube that you can use a knock off pen/stylus and use it on several programs on the Samsung tablets that do not come with an S Pen. I was wondering if there was any non-samsung pens that people know would work? Also is there a setting you have to do to turn on a way to work with a pen/stylus? My mom has a IPAD pen/stylus that is from amazon that some have said work with Samsung tablets. But when we tried to use it, the older Samsung tablet 2016 didn't do anything. with it. 

Also is there any S-pens on black Friday anywhere? I read some s pens will not work with some Samsung items. Like a Note pen won't work with a tablet and such. Is that true? Is there a version of Android you have to have on the tablet to let the pen work? Just trying for info before I spend anything on a S Pen.

1 Reply
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Good afternoon. I will be happy to assist you. While the Tab A7 is not S Pen compatible, you can use almost any capacitive stylus with it. You can find many different types of capacitive stylus from retailers like Best Buy or WalMart, as well as online retailers.