JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung galaxy tab S7 wifi issue

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 03:50 PM)
userKTPSrGQ2G6
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi! I am having a wifi issue with my Samsung galaxy tab S7. The wifi is fine for all my devices except the tab S7. I tried all the options of changing the router settings, but still getting internet disconnection intermittently when it is being used. There is a wifi exclamation mark when that happens. Any solution, it is so frustrating when it gets disconnected in a middle of a game. Any solutions are appreciated. Thank you!

5 Replies
SassyShan1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I had this issue and another user helped and it works. I reported it to Samsung as well. see if it helps

Getting problems with the Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra wifi disconnecting or pausing while still connected?

Go to Settings -> Location -> Google Location Accuracy

Turn it off.

Wifi will remain stable and connected! It does mean you won't get the advanced location parts of the phone working for example the camera will ask you to turn it back on. Google Maps might take slightly longer to lock onto you. But at least the phone stays connected to wifi.

This is clearly an issue with the location side of things as it uses wifi, bluetooth, gps and mobile data together to lock your location. So Samsung, you have a software bug that needs squashing and squash it fast because you haven't solved this issue and the phone been out for months. If it's a hardware issue then you got bigger problems!

Thanks to everyone on here who all managed to figure it out and spread the message. Please submit reports (and to exisiting ones) to Samsung under the Members app and add that turning off Google Location Accuracy stops the issue of the Wifi freezing/disconnecting. The more of us that submit it, the quicker Samsung will realise it's not a one-off. I'm disappointed that Samsung can't seem to find the issue themselves.

Solution
userKTPSrGQ2G6
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I think my problem is solved by changing back to a old router instead of a new netgear orbi mesh wifi. No more issues now.

0 Likes
SassyShan1
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
glad something worked for you. my router wasn't the problem because no other device had the issue. I did the Google trick and it's been working fine now almost a week.
0 Likes
Jim B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Much better ...

Thank you !!!

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes