Original topic:

Samsung notes crashing

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 02:28 PM)
BostonCrame
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Anytime I use easy writing pad on my Samsung Tab s6 lite, the notes app will end up crashing. I'm a student and take a lot of notes and the feature is very helpful but for some reason for the last week anytime I use the pad, my app will crash. I did have a security update recently. Maybe that broke it. But does anyone have a fix? This is very very annoying 
10 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. If restarting the Samsung Notes app does not work, it may need a quick reboot of your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet device. Exit all running apps on your Samsung device. Power your device off and wait for a few minutes. Then, restart it and relaunch the Samsung Notes app. Next, you may have missed out on important updates to your Samsung Notes app. Go to the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store and look for Samsung Notes. Check if there are available updates, then download and install them. After this, you can try clearing the cache of the Notes app. If it still doesn't work, you can try disabling sync on your Samsung Cloud. Open the Settings menu of your Samsung device. Navigate to Accounts and backup. Select Samsung Cloud. Tap Synced Apps. Go to the Samsung Notes section. Next to Sync On, toggle the button to Off. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
BostonCrame
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I tried those and it did not fix my problem
userVeLHkdZOKa
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm having the same problem since the update. I am student too and I feel your pain!
BostonCrame
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm glad I'm not alone. It's such a small feature to break but such a important one to a student
0 Likes
userZUSyQ26IMr
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This happened to me for a month now. Super frustrating. I haven't been writing comfortably ever since I updated my S6 lite. Samsung Notes keep crashing whenever I use the writing pad feature. 

BostonCrame
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It's one of the worst bugs I've faced. Ive tried talking to supporton on the phone and all they recommend is the same thing over and over. Restart and clear cache. Nothing fixes it cause its of whatever update they pushed out. It's such a important feature for note taking. It's really uncomfortable not having it. Idk if they will fix it. But sometimes I will sit there and purposely use the writing pad feature just to make it crash and send a bug report in hopes they fix it faster
blondecherry
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem, it's very frustating and I can't solve it! I'm a student too, so notes are very important for me. It's the whole reason why I got this tablet in the first place

0 Likes
blondecherry
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung support suggested to backup everything on the cloud & then restore the tablet. idk if that could help, I'm scared of losing all my notes

0 Likes
userv6A3zrYvwn
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Been there done that, nothing seems to fix this bug. 

P.S. I didn't lose my notes since I backed them up on the Samsung cloud but sadly the problem persists. 

0 Likes