JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

new galaxy TAB A7 10.4 Cannot Move APPA to SD card as in previous models

(Topic created: 11-26-2020 12:17 PM)
userExfk8vnFO7
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

BEWARE you cannot move any APPs over to the external SD card,  I have a 64GB internal which is large. If you get a smaller internal and download may APPs you coud be out of gas with nowhere to go. Samsung claims it is a copyright problem. However how come all of a sudden its a problem when previous models you could do that function. Possible it will be resolved and new firmware will change it ,In the meantime Samsung is using deceptive advertising stating you can use the external SD card

userdwp
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Looks like I'll have to return my tablet. No way to even update my apps I have.

userfUyuJ0uBAR
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
What is the point of having an internal sd card if you can't move photos and apps to it?
userN2qXo2TG2R
Constellation
Options
Tablets

you can transfer photos and video to it, click my files images , hold down on image ,

the option move appears at the bottom of the screen , select the sd card on then select a folder

on it. works for video also

0 Likes
userfUyuJ0uBAR
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
The above fix does not work with 2020 samsung a7 10.4 tablets
user9Zl8trKMg4
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

What I have read is that the apps stay on the internal storage.  Some apps will allow you to change their data storage to the SD card.

I had already formatted my SD card on the tablet.  When I opened the Camera app, it prompted me to select internal or external (SD) storage.

Next was Netflix.  It did not prompt on open or when I downloaded a movie. I deleted the download and went into app's settings (in netflix itself). From there I was able to switch the download location to SD.

Looks like they made the apps handle to data location instead of the app manager.

0 Likes
VaBeach
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Netflix is downloading movies and shows to sd but the app itself is still on internal. there is no support for apps to sd on this tablets
userbNGfcn8S7Y
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I don't see where you were able to specify the SD card for downloads in the Netflix settings.

0 Likes
userN2qXo2TG2R
Constellation
Options
Tablets

open netfix , select the more icon at the bottom of the screen, select app settings

select download location, change to sd

works for disney + as well

0 Likes
the-tape-worm
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Add another name to the list of disgruntled buyers that thought SD card support would allow for basic functionality.

It's also frustrating that having researched this prior to buying and seeing "answers" like the one posted here I now discover they are inaccurate generic responses and don't relate to this product at all.

I'll be sending this product back, it's of no use to me with such limited memory and no scope to expand it. 

Members_hZgdCoe
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I just bought the Samsung galaxy tab a7. And I can't figure out how to move apps to the SD card. I saw online that it can't be done. Is this true?