Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

Samsung tab s2 lock screen/weird discolored

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So about past couple days my tab will be in sleep. When I first turn on the screen is this weirdest green/grey almost like it's broken. Once I press power again and then again it goes away and everything is normal.. it even happened today when I got home. Tab was OFF and on charger. Before powering on the screen  was the same thing. I powered on like normal everything fine, I feel like this is some bug or OS error???This has been this first samsung tab I have not had battery issues with or problems. I hope they aren't starting now. UPDATE: along with the weird colors there is couple lines and what looks like glitter it's really weird. I would think it's broken etc but once you turn off and on screen  everything is perfectly fine?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung tab s2 lock screen/weird discolored

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The final verdict was that I had to send it in to Samsung for repair. At first they said they couldn't find any defect. Once I insisted I believe they had to replace a part with the screen or the screen all together . Once they officially did one and sent it back I have not had one issue with my screen again. That being said I have no idea what caused it what it was but it was definitely an issue that needed repair.

53 REPLIES 53
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you able to get a picture or video of this happening?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would think not and as of last day or so it hasn't done it to my knowledge.  What is screen shot again?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like there's two methods: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00042949/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it won't. It's some weird hardware defect. I am still under warranty though. It only happens like I said when it wakes from sleep and right after I take it off from charger,  even when still off. It's also now getting worse. Instead of getting screen ,hitting power twice and it would go back to normal I have to keep going from sleep to on to sleep then finally tablet screen comes back normal.. very very strange issue

Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the best I could do if you look close other then the reflection of my hand/phone it's a grainy type of screen. 20170331_210700.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tested this tablet in safe mode? If you need steps to put this tab in safe mode, please provide the full model number of your device? 

Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model is smt 810 Samsung galaxy tab s 2 9.7

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to make sure, did you test the device a bit before reinstalling any information? If you did, then sadly service repairs would be the next recommended step. You can message us here for details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Ebounce88
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah same issues . Coming out of sleep, when off and charging, even sometimes initially turning on I get this weird colored line screen and have to constantly hit power on off to get my lock screen,  then tab works fine until it goes back to sleep or off.. very strange