cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Shortcuts to Firefox

I am trying to create three shortcuts on my home screen to make it easy to get to different Firefox pages. I did two of them just fine, but the third does not appear on any of my home screen pages. If I try to create it again, Android says it is already there. Where can it be?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Shortcuts to Firefox

your home screen on your tablet or home section in your selected browser? where the pages your wanting all gotten from the same Firefox Brower and not different ones like say Firefox focus, Firefox preview nightly, nightly, nightly for developers, or there waterfox line?
Constellation

All three were from the exact same Firefox broswer session. I was able to get around the problem by creating the third shortcut using Google Chrome! Any idea where the third shoretcut might be hiding?

Comet

go into the apps and make sure it's not hidden. three dots, hide or unhide apps. make sure it's not checked
Constellation

The problem is not with Firefox. Where would I find any place where there would be three dots to select for a shortcut to a link? (Note - I gave each link a unique name.)

Comet

go into app drawer. three dots in the search bar. home screen settings. bottom of list is hide apps. check there
Constellation

Where is app drawer? Where is search bar with three dots?

Comet

the app drawer is where your apps are
Constellation

I have no problem with any app. My issue is with a shortcut that should open a Firefox page. I created two of them successfully on Saturday, and could not create another on Monday. (Or maybe I did create the third one, but I have no idea where it might be.) I was able to work around the problem using Chrome rather than Firefox to create the third shortcut.

go to the chrome browser that created it, and select the options three dots menu for the browser and not the site, has the recent tabs, new tabs, history selections on it, look for it in any of these places or the original used to create the shortcut, history, downloads, bookmarks, recent, share, and in the lite mode list if it's on before you check in the settings menu or swtich to desktop/mobile site choices. if not, will provide the next checks. how did it create the shortcut, was it a pop up types asking if you want to add one or did you manually do it like say use some share feature and send it to you device or app? create a link first for posting it, or use Google near by share feature?