Original topic:

Solution for Backlit Keys - Tab S7

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 12:54 PM)
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Tablets
The Tab S7 does not have backlit keys, making typing at nighttime difficult. It would be nice for Samsung to implement a hotkey that allows for a white bar to be horizontally placed along the bottom of the screen. The light from this bar will illuminate the keys. I attempted this by going into split screen, (top and bottom) and allowing typing on the top window, while the bottom I have as small as it will go displaying a white screen from Google. Unfortunately, I am unable to post the screenshot on these forums. 

Please consider this feature if Samsung does not plan to implement backlit keys in the near future.
7 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Mtratchet16 I'm guessing that you are talking about keys on a physical keyboard? Not the on-screen keyboard? 

0 Likes
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Yep! Sorry if that wasn't clear.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Tablets
Blacklit keyboards are available for the S7 tablet.

typecase Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Keyboard Case 11" - 7 Colors Backlit Keyboard - Slim Leather Folio Cover with S Pen Holder - Detachable Tab S7 Keyboard for S7 2020 (SM-T870 SM-T875 SM-T878) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094VRMNQM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_HE7MG6CXCMF5905V4A7T?_encoding=UTF8&p...
0 Likes
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Thanks, but I'm not looking for a bluetooth keyboard; I'm asking for a software solution to accomodate Samsung's Keyboard Book cover, which connects via hardware, not bluetooth.
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Tablets
🤔. 🙂👍
0 Likes
tom2044
Comet
Options
Tablets
That's a really good idea! Hope samsung sees this and implements it in One Ui 4 or something
briguy575
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Try n on screen keyboard
0 Likes