Original topic:

Still waiting for my Galaxy Tab S8+

(Topic created: 04-20-2022 10:16 AM)
userDA9WFkgO3L
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I ordered this device (Galaxy Tab S8+) on February 20. Until then, the expected arrival date was March 8. However, the due date has been pushed back to April 1 and April 22, and now it is set to May 10.
Between the end of March and the beginning of April, I exchanged messages with the Samsung agents more than 5 times. Their answer was the same. "I will file a claim so you can get it quickly." "You will receive an email with a new estimated arrival date within 3 days." "You will get it soon. You may even receive it by overnight delivery tomorrow." 

At first, I believed them. But I'm sure they lied knowing they couldn't keep their promise. Everyone wants to receive an order quickly and may have a personal reason for needing to receive it quickly. Me too, but I don't want to talk about it here.

I pre-ordered on February 20 and the expected arrival date is May 10. Of course, it is doubtful whether this will happen. Samsung is now advertising that if the same device is ordered today, it is delivered by May 9. This is absolutely ridiculous. Is this really just an issue with me?

8 Replies
userPWRSCvKWtT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I'm in the same boat. The 256 GB is taking longer. Likely due to the fact that the 8+ is their most popular model and the only model that has 5G in the United States so they are prioritizing the 128 GB. If I had know, I would have just gotten the 8U even though I wanted the smaller form factor for portability. It isn't an excuse for taking so long by Samsung but that is some of the reasons why. In the future I will likely switch over to Apple or buy from Best Buy even though the pre-order deals are better with Samsung vs ordering directly from Samsung online. Apple's supply chain is much better overall and more integrated.

I just checked online and if I bought the tablet with the same configuration today, I can pick it up from the Samsung Experience store near my house tomorrow. It is crazy that they have it in stock but are not able to or unwilling to send the tablets to those that ordered early on.

Have you received the 10% coupon for the delay? It is one of the few things that the customer service reps can give you for the delay.
userDA9WFkgO3L
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes, they offered 10% off. 

The most worrisome thing is that estimated arrival dates change so often that it is difficult to predict the future. If my order doesn't arrive by the date, I will regret not canceling it sooner.

Thank you for sharing what you're going through.

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Weird. I ordered my S8 Ultra on Mar 24 and received it today, Apr 20.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userPWRSCvKWtT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
We didn't order the S8 Ultra. We ordered the S8+ and think the delays are due to the reasons listed above.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
So as I stated I received my Ultra yesterday and it is gorgeous and fast. I have a Tab S4 for when I need a smaller tablet but this thing is just so nice. I hope you have the same experience when you finally get yours.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
phatbetBruh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I ordered mine S8 Ultra on March 10th and played Samsung's game with FedEx against me. It was supposed to be delivered  two days ago, but between Samsung and FedEx, the tablet has been in limbo somewhere. I'm fed up with Fed Ex and Samsung both as neither can tell me anything except the same old homilies, "rest assured it will be there tomorrow." Yeah right.

userPWRSCvKWtT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I just got the shipping notification so hopefully those that have been waiting will be getting their tablets soon as well.
phatbetBruh
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Don't count on it. Samsung and FedEx both will screw it up. Count on at least a week past the supposed delivery date.

0 Likes