Original topic:

Stuck in Android Recovery? No Command?

(Topic created: 06-26-2021 03:21 PM)
GARRETTZIMMER
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hey everyone, 

I have a Galaxy Tab S5e.  Recently the battery was acting weird. It appeared to be dead, so I plugged it in and it immediately jumped to 95% full... So I turned it on and it seemed to be working normally. Slowly charged from 95 to 100%. Then when I unplugged it, it immediately shut off. So I plugged it in, jumped to 95% charged. Same thing. So I decided to just do a factory reset from the settings. It does that and then when it boots up it goes into "Android Recovery" screen with various options. Reboot system now. Reboot to bootloader. Apply update from ADB. Etc.

I've tried clicking wipe cache partition, and wipe data/factory reset. Both say they are successful and complete although it just puts me right back to the same screen.

When I hold the power button and volume down button it reboots the tablet although when it normally would boot into Android it very quickly flashes an image of the Android logo and says "No command". Now I am stuck in this Android recovery screen and I cannot boot up the tablet. It appears as though something is wrong with the operating system, although I do not know if this is related to the battery issues I was having. The tablet still shuts off if I unplug it even in this menu.

At the bottom of this screen there is some white text as follows:

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [init: 1]#

#Reason is [update_in_progress]#

Supported API: 3

#MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#

No Command specified.

Any help would be appreciated. Of course my 1 year warranty expired on April 30th.

Garrett Zimmer

0 Likes
8 Replies
Jamm1975
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
If it was me I would download the firmware to a pc then put tablet in download mode. Then use Odin to flash the firmware. Easy to do, just Google it. Good luck
GARRETTZIMMER
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thank you for the reply. I have downloaded Odin and the correct firmware. Unfortunately I am unable to boot the device into Download Mode. When I plug it into my PC it is stuck in a short boot loop. Flashes the "Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e - Powered by Knox - Powered by Android" splash screen and then just goes black and does it again. When I hold the volume up and down keys, then plug in the cable it flashes a blue/teal screen for a split second, and then goes black; this continues in a loop. I am not able to successfully get it into the Download Mode. 

I also am unable to get to the "Android Recovery" screen if it is plugged into the PC; only when i am using a wall plug. 

Any additional tips?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Jamm1975
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
If you turn off tablet, hold down volume up ÷ volume down and then plug in the USB cable hooked to pc/laptop it will boot to download mode
GARRETTZIMMER
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have tried this. It appears as though it attempts to boot into Download Mode, as I do see a very very quick flash of blue/teal (that I believe is the Download Mode color) but it never starts, the tablet just shuts off and flashes the color again, repeats over and over. Never successfully get to Download Mode.

0 Likes
Jamm1975
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Yikes! 😵 if you can let the battery drain 100% it will sometimes stop a boot loop. Thats what I would try next. Might take awhile, but its all I can think.
0 Likes
Jamm1975
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Just to clarify. With the usb cable plugged into a booted up laptop/pc. Then while your tablet is off, press and hold both volume up & down at same time and while keeping them pressed down plug in USB cable and it doesn't boot into download mode?
0 Likes
GARRETTZIMMER
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

yes, PC is powered on. USB plugged into PC. Tablet is off. I hold volume up and down while i plug the USB-C into the tablet. No Download Mode.

0 Likes
Jamm1975
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
What happens when you have it powered off. Then hold volume down and Bixby key and then hold power button (all 3 at same time) ? Should go into download mode then as well. Good luck
0 Likes