Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userV9HNF6SjSA
Constellation

Stuck in Starting Android loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just received my Tab S5e and while setting up it got stuck on the setup of security. I finally did a hard reset and now the Starting Android scroll is all I get. How do I restart now?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Stuck in Starting Android loop

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can follow these steps:

1. If possible, create a backup of your personal data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
  2. Also, you want to make sure that you remove your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
  3. Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
  4. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
  5. While still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
  6. The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
  7. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
  8. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
  9. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  10. Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can follow these steps:

1. If possible, create a backup of your personal data ahead of time. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
  2. Also, you want to make sure that you remove your Google account. If your problem prevents you from doing that, then simply skip this step.
  3. Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot to Recovery Mode. If you are not able to shut the device off regularly via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery is drained. Then, charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting to Recovery Mode.
  4. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
  5. While still holding the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
  6. The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
  7. Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
  8. Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
  9. Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
  10. Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
userV9HNF6SjSA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I was able to restart and will try setting up again. Hopefully, it goes smoothly this time.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns!