Original topic:

Syncing Messages across devices

(Topic created on: 12/14/20 5:39 PM)
userCkw91N6hsx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Hi All, I have a s20+ and a Tab s6. I recently made categories in Samsung Messages on the phone but they are not displayed on the tablet. I have call & text on both devices enabled and I can send and receive new messages on both devices; however a few other things are off.  When I read messages and delete messages on the phone they remain new and/or visible on the tablet. I am sure I am missing a syncing setting somewhere.  Can you help me ensure both devices sync and delete messages and notifications?
0 Likes
5 Replies
KnightRalph316
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The devices are synced but deleting messages on your phone doesn't delete them from your tablet. You would have to delete them directly. Also once you delete the messages from your phone and you try to send a message from that same message thread on the tablet it will not go through because it detected you deleted them from the phone. 

0 Likes
userCkw91N6hsx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks for the reply. So if I have to delete them from both places and the categories don't carry over...then they really are not syncing. Is this a known limitation or is there a way to circumvent this?
KnightRalph316
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
I just know from personal experience because I do have a Note and a Tab and from what I've seen the messages are syncing. You will still get them on both devices. It's just deleting them you'd have to do on both devices.
0 Likes
userCkw91N6hsx
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Thanks! I thought it was pushing the messages but maybe some setting is off. If this is really the way it works then maybe Samsung can make an enhancement in a future version. It is very annoying to dismiss the notifications in multiple places.
KnightRalph316
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Yeah I wish it would delete off all devices once you delete from the phone. It's the same with the watch. I'd have to delete from the watch directly as well.