cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jimburns2u
Constellation

T700 firmware

Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find a copy if KIES and a firmware file I can put on a SD card to hopefully recover from a boot looping problem.

I have already tried the hard technique.  I don't believe it has a n OS

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: T700 firmware

Can I ask if you have tried using Smart Switch? I know Samsung migrated Kies over to Smart Switch some time ago so it should be compatible. Let me know if it's not though. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4Aw5rBwGC4
Constellation

Supposedly the SMart Switch is for newer models.  I did find KIES.

The tablet is in a reboot loop and I did try the hard resets, clearing everything off the partition and doing a factory reset.  It continues still.

Problem is I don't have any backups Even though I have kIES.  I can't see the IMEI.  I am wondering if I should root it but have only done that with apple products.

RIght now I am looking for perhaps an firmare update  I could try using an SDCARD

Its a Galaxy S 8.4 T700 I believe made in America.  I can get to the ODIN screen but don't know how to proceed from there

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately I would be unable to help with a Root or Forced Firmware/Software Update. Generally Samsung recommends repairs with a certified technician if you've tried the steps you have already completed. 

@TheRabbi I believe you have worked with Rooting things before, might you be able to lend a hand?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

TheRabbi
Halo

Installing a fresh firmware copy shouldn't require rooting. I haven't used KIES in a long time. Odin is what I've used to flash firmware. You have to find the correct firmware for your device (usually zipped). Unzip the firmware archive, load the corresponding files in their Odin slots, put the Tab in Download mode and connect, and let 'er rip.

It's not hard, but you have to do it right, with the RIGHT firmware. Strongly recommend searching YouTube for applicable videos.