JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A, out of space, delete duplicate files won't work

(Topic created: 09-17-2020 05:34 PM)
user4QCH4Wj8CK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I'm close to  runing out  of space, I went to my files and selected all 8 duplicate files.  I get the message: Failed to delete files.  I have deleted excess aps and all other files to get space.  Why won't this work and what should I do to get space.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I do believe they may be some system files that are unable to be deleted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
useri8GmdfWMwn
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Following post...
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, have you checked your settings and looked at storage to see what is easting all of your space? It should give you a more detailed explanation as to where your storage is being used. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4QCH4Wj8CK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I struggle with my files, but I was able to transfer some to the cloud so it is not as critical a situation, however my original issue I still cannot delete duplicate files continues.  Thank you for you suggestions.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Just out of curiosity are the files your own personal files? 

0 Likes
user4QCH4Wj8CK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

If you mean files that I have created myself, yes the majority are.

0 Likes
user4QCH4Wj8CK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

On second thought if you mean the duplicate files that I can't  erase, I do not recognize them so I dont know what they are.  There are 8 of them.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

My apologies I was meaning the files that were duplicates? They may be system files but I am only speculating. 

0 Likes
user4QCH4Wj8CK
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes, after my first response I realized you meant the duplicates.  I just went back and the 8 files jumped to 14 and I recognized the files.  I was able to delete those files but not the original 8  (two of them start with boot_), .  I suspect you are right, for some reason there are a small number  of files  that need to not be deleted.  If you can let me know if you think this is likely, I will mark your message as the answer.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I do believe they may be some system files that are unable to be deleted. 

View solution in context

0 Likes