Original topic:

Tab A7 charging issues

(Topic created: 09-21-2022 05:35 PM)
Namira
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hello
I've found 4 weird charging bugs since I bought my Tab A7. These issues haven't been fixed even after updating to Android 12.

Is there anyone who has the same experience?

1. It takes a long time, after the battery reaches 100 percent, to show (Fully Charged) message on the lock screen or in the notification bar. Ex. 1 hour

2. When the tablet is turned off, and I connect the charger, no matter how much is the initial battery percentage, it reaches around 63 percent in about 5 to 10 minutes[but I shouldn't press the power button for that 10 minutes]. Then it takes a long time to battery reach, for example, 63 percent. (But it's shown 63 all that time). Then it charges normally to 100 percent.

3. I've checked this with a few charging apps, when I connect it to a fast charger, it charges at about 2700 mAh and 5 volts. (15 watts Samsung charger)

4. These problems exist when protect battery is on or off. But when protect battery is enabled, and the battery is 100, it needs about 2 hours of screen on time to battery reach 99 percent. I think protect battery doesn't do its job and charging hasn't limited to 85 percent of battery capacity.

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You'll need to submit error reports if you want to notify Samsung techie.   Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
birdie108
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I am having the same problems
0 Likes