JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab A7 will not factory reset

(Topic created: 05-11-2022 10:46 AM)
Richie_B
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought an A7 back in September to use in my store. It didn't do what I wanted it to do exactly so I decided to just keep it for myself. Had a bunch of stuff to do around the holidays so I didn't get to mess with it until now. I charged it up and turned it on and it wont take my password. I tried many many times and nothing worked and it also never gave me an option to reset it. I tried to reset it on the find my device app but it wouldn't do it there either. It said find my device was not turned on even though I turned it on when I set it up. After searching I found an article that said I could factory reset it by holding the power and volume down button then switching to power and volume up button when the device went off. This doesn't work either. It never makes it to the reset menu. I've watched a thousand youtubes and read a thousand articles and nothing works. I've called support twice now and was told it must be a software problem, but I cant send it in to be repaired because it has to be reset before I send it in. so... Do I just have a $200 paperweight now?

userEVcrQGvEDi
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I am following this method and the issue I am running into is that the "Wipe data/factory reset" option is missing from the menu.  It is supposed to be between "Apply update from SD card" and Wipe cache partition" but "Wipe Data" is not there anywhere in the list.  We were using Manageengine MDM to control the gui and the security policies have settings all locked up so I can't do a factory reset from the gui.  Any other ideas how to get this thing reset so I can re-provision it?

userVxVU63i2Nb
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi, my son has locked himself out of his SM-T220. I've been searching for an appropriate solution via Google family link or the device itself, to no avail. The above doesn't seem to be a solution either, because if you are locked out of your device how can you power it down?

It's only a few months old so I've explained he'll probably lose all data etc. A good learning curve! 

Any suggestions would be VERY gratefully received. 

0 Likes
Anoek
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I've tried to reset the Tab 7 tablet, but the problem is it still wants me to sign in with a Google account previously associated with the tablet. But, I can't. It was my uncle's tablet, but he recently passed away. So we have no way of signing in again. Please help us.

A7reset
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
This method did not work, I never got the reset screen.
I worked with support and ytube video, nothing worked until followed the instructions from localhardrive solution
0 Likes
user9ExIt85yxI
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

1. Power off

2. Plug a USB cable into tablet and to a PC.

3. Press Volume up & the Power button until the first screen appears, then release buttons.

4. Select Factory Reset. 

userHCxMW1mCEQ
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

THIS WORK FOR ME !!!! Thanks my friend !

0 Likes
userI6eWVMqHgg
Constellation
Options
Tablets

It does not work with mine either. Something is wrong with a7 and factory reset.

MrEdWoods
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Agree. 

0 Likes
GenB
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Does anybody even get answers to this I'm having the same problem
0 Likes
userZs4SfiUeJb
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This seems to be an on going problem had my Tab A7 at Christmas was working fine, didn't use it for a couple of weeks now it wont accept my password lots of people having the same problem I have tried all the suggested ways, have gone on line to the find my mobile, it is located and will ring it and knows how much power left in the battery but it will not unlock says 'something went wrong' this is very frustrating. Anybody got any different ideas other than pressing the power and volume buttons? I don't really want to to do a factory reset.