Original topic:

Tab A8 Wifi is outrageously slow

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 05:17 PM)
userZmB8uJPuqF
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Just picked up a new Tab A8 yesterday and immediately noticed that the WiFi connection was unusablely slow. Other devices on the same network are fine. An app that i downloaded in 15-20 seconds on my phone (same wifi network) took more than 4 minutes with the A8! I tried all the usual remedies and everything I could find online, but nothing helped.

I figured the tablet was defective so today I exchanged it for another new unit.

Exact same problem.

Looking around online, I found that this appears to be a very common problem. 

**bleep** Samsung??

0 Likes
3 Replies
userilAhUSMa5q
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem on my A8. The wifi is literally unusable! So frustrating. I am praying they hear our feedback and fix this in the Android 12 update. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Just for grins and giggles,  let's try pulling down the menu and long press on WiFi. Tap the 3 dot menu, then Advanced. Make sure WiFi power saving is OFF

Then reboot and try your speed test. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Max00
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
same exact problem with my 2nd a8 tablet this month as well. If i can't resolve it, i'll probably just return this one as well.

@bill-e I tried this on my tablet (SM-X200) and the only options listed under the Advanced menu is: "Network notifications, manage networks, wifi control history, Hotspot 2.0, and Install wifi certificates."

I tried searching "wifi power saving" and couldn't find anything that matched that in any settings
0 Likes