Original topic:

Tab A8 mic not working on zoom or messenger video calls

(Topic created: 06-09-2021 09:27 PM)
user8wo5fLkKDr
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

hi folks

Having previously worked fine suddenly no one can hear me in a zoom or messenger call.  I've checked all the obvious settings and i wasn't muted.  The mic is working in all other scenarios - recording videos, making a voice call via messenger - but not on either of the video calls.

Can anyone help?

60 Replies
userkQGlYd6Aiw
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This issue should definitely provide all people that own this model some sort of compensation as it everyone is affected thanks to the newest update.

0 Likes
userkQGlYd6Aiw
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Totally unacceptable, this issue alone is very much starting to steal the joy I had of owning this tablet. Samsung nowhere to be seen smh.

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Sounds like there will be a mass exodus away from all things Samsung once this situation gets broader publication. What Pads are people now considering to recover from this Samsung fiasco?  We personally need Google Voice phone capable Pads by the end of this coming weekend. 

0 Likes
userrG8YnOziFh
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

After getting the new update on Samsung Tab A, my microphone no longer works on Messenger, Google Duo, and Telegram. Yes, I have made sure to give permission to use my microphone, clear the cache, restart my Tablet, boot it up in safe mode, and stop the process. It's only for apps like those, however, my microphone works as recording my voice, and using Text-To-Speech on Youtube works perfectly. After downgrading the update it starts to work again. It is specifically tied to the update. I could keep the downgraded version, however, I wish to be able to call others and still have the benefits of the new update. Any suggestions/solutions? If none, I would just like to shed light on the update causing problems, after not seeing anything about it anywhere on Google.

useruCK78p15vA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello. There are many more people with this problem here https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-A8-mic-not-working-on-zoom-or-messenger-video-calls/...

Downgrade seems to be the only solution right now

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Besides security issue, the other issue with downgrade is you will keep getting upgrades that you can't refuse for very long.  Don’t understand why Samsung didn't immediately release a new upgrade of the previous update that didn't have this issue until they fixed this problem and could then release it again to increase the security issue.  Having a usable Pad is likely more important than having this security improvement. 

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Google declared this a 100% Samsung issue about a week ago on their community website.  So we are still waiting on Samsung.

0 Likes
useruh6MJQhjVM
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same issue here on my daughters tab a8. Installed update late on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning Zoom microphone was not functioning. 

Reinstalled Zoom, no effect.

Reset tablet, no effect.

Model: SM-T290

Android version: 10

Kernel version: 4.9.186.perf-18961046

Build#: QP1A.190711.020.T290UEU3BUE2

Please release an update fix for this. 

0 Likes
uservIAjIJGeGN
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I saw that other people were having the same issues wondering if there's any update

MimisTabby
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Same here cannot visit with my grandson via messenger or duo. Wish I could undo update. Our family has 3 of these! Went through gammit of trouble shooting when id already verified that the not yet updated one worked but not the 2 updated ones. Was finally told they'd put info on members app (which is why I am here looking) and that I could either send devices in for "repair" or wait for an update. WAITING. Any info????
My 3rd device gets forced update today can no longer "postpone"
0 Likes