Tab E Flickering Blue When Playing Videos

Constellation

Tab E Flickering Blue When Playing Videos

Hello,

I've had this issue for about a month. Whenever I play videos on my tablet, YouTube and other players in Chrome, a blue flicker appears and disappears really fast. It doesn't do it when I'm not playing videos. And it doesn't do it while I play a video with the tablet charging. 

What I've tried so far:

I removed and reinstalled the battery. 

I disabled hardware overlays.

Started it on safe mode and played videos. 

None of these things worked. What else can I do? What is the problem? I'm not tech savvy, so these things I did them based on what I found online and what technician told me to do. (Unfortunately, my warranty expired, exactly a month before this started.) 

Tnx.

Kat

9 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tab E Flickering Blue When Playing Videos

Does this only happen with videos or does it happen when starting up a game too? Does it only happen with a certain app? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Thanks for your reply. It happens with the YouTube app and when I play non-YouTube videos using the Chrome browser. I don't play games, so I have no game apps. 

Samsung Moderator

Is this immediate or is it happening gradually when watching videos?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I am having the same issue with my tab e 9.6.  It happens intermittently in my video apps:  Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Video.  It is worse in the Amazon app than the others.  The tab is only two months old.  Can you finish answering for me since the other person didn't wait for a full solution?

Samsung Moderator

Sure, have you tried a factory reset or tried booting into safe mode? 

Constellation

No,  how do you boot in to safe mode and what should I do when I get there?  I'd rather not do a factory a reset if I don't have to.

Samsung Moderator

To boot into safe mode:

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If your symptoms are resolved within safe mode, then a factory reset will solve your issue.

Astronaut

If I do restart in safe mode, how would I know which apps might be causing the problem?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Just select an app as you usually would.