Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaypeecee
Asteroid

Tab S2 8.0 Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Folks,

I have received notification of the Nougat update for my Tab S2 8.0 WiFi only model (SM-T713). I am in the UK. Although I wrote to Samsung 3 days ago, I have not received an answer to my question. I want to know if it is OK to proceed with this update. There are reports on the internet that some people have had problems with the update. I am currently running Android 6.0.1. I would like to update my device if only to install security patches.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tab S2 8.0 Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the confusion, completing a reset after an update ensures the device is running the most optimal install. It's not something that is necessary, but many manufacturer's recommend it as an option. There are no guarantees that something won't go wrong, no one has the future sight to guarantee that. But at the same time, there are no authorized methods to reverting OS. Generally it is ok to update, if something does go wrong, there are things you can do to correct it. I tend to back-up any important information prior to updating to ensure if something does go wrong, that it doesn't cause me to lose something I need. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We suggest after running an update like this, to factory reset afterwards to get you running smoothly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jaypeecee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.

Unless I'm mistaken, doing a factory reset will not undo the Nougat update if anything goes amiss. So, I don't see that your suggestion would be particularly helpful. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It won't undo the update, but it helps maintain optimal performance.  

jaypeecee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not reassured by your reply. Please explain the reasoning behind your suggestion. If a factory reset was the answer, then why has this been unsuccessful for those that have tried doing a factory reset? It is ludicrous to have to do a factory reset following an OS upgrade. Google do not suggest this so why does Samsung believe it to be necessary?

JPC

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the confusion, completing a reset after an update ensures the device is running the most optimal install. It's not something that is necessary, but many manufacturer's recommend it as an option. There are no guarantees that something won't go wrong, no one has the future sight to guarantee that. But at the same time, there are no authorized methods to reverting OS. Generally it is ok to update, if something does go wrong, there are things you can do to correct it. I tend to back-up any important information prior to updating to ensure if something does go wrong, that it doesn't cause me to lose something I need. 

View solution in original post

JohnAllainPV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think after my nougat update my tab s2 bluetooth functions went unusable. It cant detect and cant be discovred. Factory resetting did not do any help. What would you suggest i do?

userWWJgt4jjot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has the nougat update been pushed out to America? I have the exact same tablet and I have yet to receive anything above Android 6.0.1.  Or possibly is there a potential of getting Android Oreo installed?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userv9w6jU5Z9V, the next step would be a software reflash. This can be done at any local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop.

userWWJgt4jjot, unfortunately, we do not have this information and we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

userFPQTZRTA00
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, did you get an answer on this?  I have the same tablet and have heard nothing, nor can I find anything on the internet .