Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Abbocris
Asteroid

Tab S2 Shattered Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a Galaxy Tab S2 the day after Christmas 2017.  I had my tablet in it's case, inside my knitting bag in the car.  I know the tablet was fine before the car ride.  I walked from the car into a store and when I opened the case the screen was completely shattered.  I did not drop it, step on it, or abuse it in any way.  I suspect the temperature change from the warm car to the cold outside but it was not extremely cold outside - in the 30's F.  I contacted Samsung and Best Buy but neither one would help me.  Doesn't it seem like a design flaw if the glass cannot withstand normal temperature variations?  As I said, I only had it for 6 weeks and I didn't cause the breakage.  Please help!  20180227_151115.jpgEntire screen is like this.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: Tab S2 Shattered Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not sure on the pricing, it would depend on the service center. To get an out of warranty repair quote for the tablet, you can call our dispatch team at 310-669-4334 directly. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We can have the tablet service, but you would be responsible for the cost due to that being considered physical damage.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you like us to set that up?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Abbocris
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How much would it cost to get that done?  I have an old Tab S that works except that the display has a greenish tint to it (my Tab S2 was bought to replace it) which I may go back to if I have to.  Everywhere I checked wanted around $300 to fix the screen, which is about what a new one costs.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not sure on the pricing, it would depend on the service center. To get an out of warranty repair quote for the tablet, you can call our dispatch team at 310-669-4334 directly. 

Abbocris
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been asked to accept one of your answers as a solution.  I will not do that.  I have had two Samsung tablets.  The first one turned green after a couple of years, so I bought a second.  The second one shattered through no fault of my own after six weeks of ownership.  No help has been offered by Samsung except to allow me to pay for a repair.  You can't even give me an estimate on the cost to replace the screen.  I will NOT be buying any more Samsung phones or tablets.

Crista Abbott

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am truly sorry you feel this way. Sadly damage such as this is not covered under the limited warranty. Though, I certainly understand the frustrations of needing to have it fixed. I edited Michelle's response to add what should have been provided before. The telephone number, 310-669-4334, is our dispatch team who can provide the out of warranty pricing for this prior to having it sent to a service center so you know what your looking at ahead of time. I did go ahead and mark that response the solution, not because it's the answer you accept, but because it holds the answer to how to get the unit fixed and who to call for repair pricing. I sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconveniences caused. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.