Tab S2 (T813) and Mavic controller

Asteroid

Tab S2 (T813) and Mavic controller

[ Edited ]

I bought the Samsung Tab S2 specifically for use with my DJI Mavic uav but the USB connection on the tablet is constantly swapping between MTP and Charging mode and becomes useless until I unplug the Mavic controller from my tablet. Has anyone here figured out a solution?

Samsung, you need to update and fix this problem. From what I've read online, other users say the tablet was fine until the  Android 6.0.1 update.

See more topics labeled with:

28 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tab S2 (T813) and Mavic controller

Sorry for the inconvenience. Does the same symptom occur when connected to a PC? Does the charging port seem loose? Have you tried performing a factory reset?

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Problem occurs only with the tablet. I can use my Note 5 just fine with the Mavic controller. If you search the Internet you'll see that it's a common problem with Samsung Tablets that have upgraded to Android marshmallow so I don't think it's a problem that requires a factory reset... Unless it takes the tablet back to an Android version before Marshmallow. 

I can post a video if you want of the tablet flaking out when I connect the controller to it. 

Edit:

Video posted

https://youtu.be/rAA03-oIe4g

Samsung Tab S2 unable to connect to the DJI Mavic controller. USB connection keeps switching between charging and MTP mode.
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different cable to connect by any chance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

I have tried different cables but not controller. The controller works fine with my Note 5 so I doubt it's the controller. Or the tablet even because it's the same issue for multiple users. The only common item is the tablets that are on Android 6.0.1 it seems. I think it might even be limited to tablets that have model numbers that end with a "13" like my T813

Asteroid

Yoohoo! 

Samsung Moderator

Does the same symptom occur when you connect the tablet to a PC? 

Asteroid

Works with my PC just fine. 

Samsung Moderator

We are doing additional research into this.  We appreciate your patience.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Thank you. I hope something can be done because I REALLY like this tablet.