cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Tab S2 scrolling suddenly jerky

Hello, overnight my Tab S2 has gotten funny on me.

First I noticed my personalized wallpaper and lock screen images had disappeared and gone to default images.  

Then I noticed scrolling when using Google News, including all sites in Google News "Following" are exremely, annoyingly jerky, lagging.  Google search results pages are still smooth.  The issue appears to be isolated to Google News.

Any suggestions?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6
Supernova

Re: Tab S2 scrolling suddenly jerky

It's the Adverts on the Page I wrote a full system review about a month or so on them. they are preloading further down the page off screen to deliver faster when your screen finally makes it to them. This is a normal occurrence but in the recent month or two the App [ANDROID SYSTEM WEBVIEW] has been severely lacking. It handles these operations. Been working with the Developers in Beta trying to resolve it. The adverts that are preloading are Resizing your page just slightly to fit themselves in correctly but in doing so are causing the page to shift ever so slightly and being that you haven't gotten to the advert at that point yet, it just looks like screen twitching and lag. It's gotten horrible on Chromebooks also. Working on it though but it's still 7milliseconds off. I'll bookmark this thread and let you know if there are any updates. Hope that Helps
Supernova

Re: Re: Tab S2 scrolling suddenly jerky

Weve found one of the biggest issues is that marketers are using a certain line of code that was created as part of the [Auto_Play] feature that normal apps use for example : when you are scrolling Instagram or YouTube and the video auto plays the first 15 seconds for you. This feature is great for users who dont want to click on videos every time but this line of code isn't translating correctly written how it is for adverts because their code editors forgot to implement the peripherals of the 5:8 or what have you size of your screen. Not giving the line of code a certain parameter to start playing means its misfiring over and over off screen. It's a laziness problem ,in my opinion, with the marketing department for these advertising companies. That or a lack of knowledge or care for the consumer. I think there should be more governing policies in place because this leads to complaints on the App itself and it's not the App Developers fault. He/She needs the Adverts to fund their app but at the same time its dragging their hard work through the mud. Catch22
Asteroid

Dang. That is not classified as am easy fix thanks so much for your detailed reply. It's odd that my android phone and my wife's chromebook aren't doing the same thing. 

Supernova

Chromebooks handle Webview Implementation a tad bit different then a mobile phone. They are kind of in the middle. Not fully a Web based computer not quite a Mobile base. Chromebooks will be fixed later this month with the 89 update dropping. As far as And_Sys_Webview] goes for phones weve only seen an improvement when turning All functions of video playback off. Which deems the entire site useless for handling any video playback. This would be a horrible experience for apps like News and stuff because it's hard to watch "Live Breaking News" if you cant LITERALLY watch anything!! lol...hopefully get it resolved soon. Time to get to my real job which is exact opposite of Computing but I'm with you. it's become so bad sometimes it looks like the equivalent of my phone with a Severe stutter. And I also Stutter so my phone and I are a cluster of nonsense sometimes
Asteroid

So, I just have to put up with it? Sorry, I'm tech challenged.

Supernova

we all do or work to try to solve it