JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S3 Battery Drastically Draining After Pie Update

(Topic created: 11-01-2019 01:47 PM)
user3KQDKXUTaI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The battery in my Tab S3 has been dramatically draining while the tablet is asleep since it updated to Pie last week. Last night I had the tablet charged to 100% before going to bed but when I woke up this morning it had dropped to 46%. Later on while it was asleep in my bag it dropped from 44% to 16%. Please fix. 

nrz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem with my S3.  My usage hasn't changed, but since the update the battery drains rapidly throughout the day and overnight, even with Wifi and Bluetooth off.  Before the Pie update it would usually drop around 5% per day sitting in idle.  Samsung needs to fix this bug.  This isn't the first serious software-related battery bug Samsung has had with this device and it does not give me any confidence whatsoever to purchase another Samsung device.

uservzLKvKxELb
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Same issue here....  Getting  sick and tired of issues with Samsung. Right now my Tab S3 holds a charge for about 3.5 hours, Tab A 8.0 2017 is defective, my Smartthings Wi-fi Mesh 3 pack has to be sent for warranty replacement. (This is my 3rd of the Smartthings Wi-fi Mesh 3 pack that has failed) My sons S9 phone failed. Samsung better get there act together as they are losing customers fast...

0 Likes
userX50Fyp57nI
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Samsung, do we have a solution for this? You have broken the device completely with one or many software updates. A device going from 100% to 0% over night in standby is of course a broken product. If you can't provide a solution, I want to return my device asap as I use it in my company to promote one of many core software applications. Having a dead device obviously constitutes a great problem for me.

Please advice or get me in contact with your RMA department.

Regards

Andreas

userD2oZDu2o4R
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I think the wifi is causing the power drain. It's a well-known problem they never addressed on Oero. I had to set the wifi to stay on only when it's plugged-in. The option is removed from the pie update. Another workaround to the problem is to use Wifi-automatic app which lets you define conditions to turn off the wifi. I just updated my tab s3 to pie. I was hoping they addressed the wi-fi power drain but I'm not surprised they didn't do it. I think it might a hardware flaw problem.

0 Likes
RePli
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Same here, draining since Pie update, it's horrible. Maybe it's their fierce strategy in making people upgrade their hardware. I will never buy a Samsung device again if they don't get this right within the next 3 months! 😞

PS: It's NOT the WiFi drainig the battery. Even with WiFi switched off and letting the tablet sit in my room overnight, it drains more than 50% of battery charge. Was great in stamina before the update!

@userD2oZDu2o4R wrote:

I think the wifi is causing the power drain. It's a well-known problem they never addressed on Oero. I had to set the wifi to stay on only when it's plugged-in. The option is removed from the pie update. Another workaround to the problem is to use Wifi-automatic app which lets you define conditions to turn off the wifi. I just updated my tab s3 to pie. I was hoping they addressed the wi-fi power drain but I'm not surprised they didn't do it. I think it might a hardware flaw problem.

0 Likes
Samsung_SfhWtcY
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

My phone is draining fast

0 Likes
userZIrDZciqLr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

It's too bad this has happened, I hope Samsung issues a patch for you tab S3 owners, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Android 10, I think these devices fall outside of the OS update support now. To Samsung they're obsolete, not because the hardware can't support a new OS, but because Samsung wants you to buy something new.

0 Likes
uservzLKvKxELb
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Has anybody rolled back to Oreo 8.0 ? 

0 Likes
JeffOtf
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I was having the exact same problem.  Finally tried a Factory Data Reset and reinstalled my apps. The drain issue is now gone.

0 Likes
uservzLKvKxELb
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I've done the factory reset 3 different times with no luck. Battery drops to 40% within 3 hours. This is right after the factory reset, no other apps installed....