cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Tab S4 spanish keyboard is wrong in Android 10

Hi. After my Tab S4 updated to Android 10, the default Spanish QWERTY keyboard has changed: the letter "q" appers at the middle top between the "a" and "s" (instead of the letter "w"), the letter "w" appears between the "s" and "d" (instead of the letter "e") and so on. The English keyboard is all right (it hasn't change) and the Spanish QWERTY keyboard in my old Galaxy Tab E is also ok. The keys are misaligned in my Tab S4 keyboard because of the letter "ñ" but this was not a problem before the update. Please fix this issue (I am attaching screenshots). Thank you.

Keyboards.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Red Giant

Re: Tab S4 spanish keyboard is wrong in Android 10

@user84BBItdN4F 

You can change this to the "QWERTY" style by doing the following:

1. Open the Keyboard selector
  2. Click on the Samsung Keyboard gear icon
  3. Tap on Languages and types
  4. Tap on the ES keyboard
  5. Choose the QWERTY type

That should fix it!

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks but it is already in the "Spanish QWERTY" layout. If I change to "QWERTY" layout, the upper line gets fixed but I loose the "ñ" in the second line.

Highlighted
Red Giant

Do you see other optional Spanish keyboards that might help under the possible languages? @user84BBItdN4F 

Highlighted
Asteroid

The other options are not QWERTY keyboards or is the English "QWERTY keyboard" that doesn't have the "ñ". I have checked my phone and my old tablet and they both have the "Spanish QWERTY" keyboard. I am sending you a screenshot of what I see in my Tab S4.tempFileForShare_20200729-185156.jpg

Highlighted
Red Giant

@user84BBItdN4F perhaps another Keyboard would work better for you? I sometimes use the Gboard or Swiftkey!

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, I'm considering it, although the default Spanish keyboard was perfect before the Android 10 update so it's something they can fix.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user84BBItdN4F 

I can confirm the issue.