cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user4e0SWm8tI4
Asteroid

Tab S6 Autocorrect completely absent in browsers, etc.

I switched back to a Tab S6 from the iPad Pro because of the versitility of the Android operating system and the touchpad support on the Tab S6. The one thing I really miss is the system-wide autocorrect that comes with Apple products. I have noticed that there seems to be no way to initialize or start this fucntion on the Tab S6, it appears to be compelely missing. Anyone know any specifics? 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tab S6 Autocorrect completely absent in browsers, etc.

Hey there. So, I just played around with our device, and I can see where you can have the autocorrect function turned on. If you are using the default Samsung keyboard, there is a settings button at the top of the keyboard, press it and click "predictive text". From there, once you click that to turn it on, you can adjust your settings even further, like spell check, and text shortcuts. If you are using a third-party app for your keyboard, you *in theory* should be able to go to the app itself and look in the settings to see if it has the autocorrect feature. 

I hope this helped you! Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4e0SWm8tI4
Asteroid

This is for the On-Screen keyboard and does not work for the keyboard cover. I have gone through all the settings and it seems there isn't an option, which is disappointing. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I was talking about the on-screen Samsung keyboard. Just go to your settings> general management> language and input> on-screen keyboard> click on Samsung keyboard> smart typing> click on predictive text. It's like you have to go through all kinds of hoops to get to it, but that's how you turn on autocorrect. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4e0SWm8tI4
Asteroid

Yes, but I made it clear that I am not talking about the onscreen keyboard, I am talking about the keyboard cover. I do not use the onscreen keyboard, so I would like predictive text for the keyboard cover. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

This has been a long time issue with Android.  There is sort of a workaround.  Under Language and Input there is an option for Physical Keyboard, select that and there should be a toggle for "show on screen keyboard when physical keyboard is connected....turn that on.

Now when you type in some apps and misspell the word will be underlined.  Selecting that word  with your finger will bring up the on-screen keyboard and the predictive text replacement words.  Select the word and it will be updated and as soon as you touch a key on your physical keyboard the on-screen one goes away and your typing as normal.

Unfortunately  there hasn't been a system wide autocorrect for many years on Android but there are some apps that attempt so solve this.