JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S6 keyboard cover doesnt stick

(Topic created: 01-07-2021 10:33 PM)
amk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Got my Tab S6 keyboard cover and was excited. It doesnt stick well to my tablet where if I pull out the kickstand and use it as a laptop the back will disconnect and the tablet falls down. I've tried wiping the tablet, wetting and wiping the sticky part of the case. Nothing seems to be making it stick well enough so it doesnt come off.

usermiltqvDV6U
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just called and they are sending a new one. I woud try again to contact support! 

0 Likes
userQh1a60XMaF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I will try that as mine worked fine until I had tl had ny tab repaired at samsung and then the technicians taped a paper to it... 

0 Likes
Solution
userLw2utFX33Q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I was having the same issue with the back cover and finally figured it out. I recieved the cover a few days after the tablet and I was already using the tablet and there was finger prints on the back of the tablet. I took an alcohol wipe and wiped the back of the tablet and wiped the black part of the cover that sticks  to the tablet.  I then put the cover on and let it sit for a while to let the alcohol dry up.  I did that 5 days ago and now the cover is stuck on very good.  

Hope this helps,

View solution in context

user9jfRQed4QU
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Have you tried a strip magnetic self adhesive tape, which you can buy in the UK. My keyboard just about sticks anyway but I bought a slim cover without a keyboard as well and that has a magnetic back which sticks well. My idea is to put a strip in the gap between the suction strips and another strip at the bottom to hold it.

You can get very thin tape which would still probably allow the suction to stick to the back

May work

I also bought a 3rd party cover which snaps on with a magneticc keyboard which works and is backlit but I like the trackpad on the Samsung keyboard

@userLw2utFX33Q wrote:

I was having the same issue with the back cover and finally figured it out. I recieved the cover a few days after the tablet and I was already using the tablet and there was finger prints on the back of the tablet. I took an alcohol wipe and wiped the back of the tablet and wiped the black part of the cover that sticks  to the tablet.  I then put the cover on and let it sit for a while to let the alcohol dry up.  I did that 5 days ago and now the cover is stuck on very good.  

Hope this helps,

userzYKbM39Esc
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I got fed up playing with the cover and just atached 6 small pieces of velcrow to what is supposed to be a magnet. havent had a problem since. remember to align the camera port.

@userLw2utFX33Q wrote:

Hope this helps,

0 Likes
user1Dcc8ENzEm
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm trying that out now....hopefully it will do the trick and it will stay on the tablet. Love it and they keyboard itself as well as the design. Just want to make sure it sticks is all

0 Likes
MrTexas2000
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Actually, the correct and best method for the 2-piece keyboard book cover is cleaning the sticky strips with warm soapy water and allowing to dry for about an hour (allows for drying guarantee). Then, clean the back of the tablet with the same warm soapy water and rinse with a damp towel to clean off the residual soap, OR use the alcohol wipe. Let dry (a minute or two is sufficient). Once this has been done, do not touch the sticky strips and simply press the cover onto the back of the tablet as you normally would. In time, the back may come off again. If that happens, just simply repeat the cleaning process of the strips and you'll recover the sticky property. This is the preferred method rather than heating or using alcohol or any other, even plain water, method on the back cover. Best working method, too. NOTE: Use minimal soap,does NOT need to be lathered up.

0 Likes
amk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Seems like wiping the tablet and the case with an alcohol wipe did the trick. Case seems on there pretty good now. Thank you!

0 Likes
userPyRhFpEL5p
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I hope this helps someone but I finally fixed this using a small piece of gorilla double-sided tape inside the back recess, not moved at all since 🙂

This has got to be one of the biggest design flaws yet, the keyboard is great but £150 for this is at least 3 times it's true value!

user3KBaAsnKZj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This part of the backcover also holds the S pen in place.

Using a permante solution like 2 side tape makes it so you can not remove to access the S pen.

I am also having this same issue right out of the box. I removed the plastic from the gray rubber which is not an adhesive as it wasnt sticky at all which makes sense as you should be able to remove to access the Spen

The back cover will hold for few minutes but will start pulling off with normal use.

This is a horrible design and I can not believe Samsung marks this issue as solved.

IT IS NOT SOLVED!

The keyboard design Samsung used with the TabS3 was fine worked great why didnt you stick with what worked?

This is my second Samsung tablet but may be my last.

I have only had my S6 for 1 day and am already sad and wishing I never bought it =(

0 Likes