cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0AkW5IgOZO
Cosmic Ray

Re: Tab S6: "Couldn't complete firmware update - Make sure the keyboard is connected to your ta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm looking through my email and maybe that didn't happen. I thought I got an email confirmation but I can't find anything.

I was in DeX and there's the "Contact us" in the DeX pop-up. It brought up a customer service contact, but... I submitted that but I can't find...

I guess I will submit a new ticket.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tab S6: "Couldn't complete firmware update - Make sure the keyboard is connected to your ta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No worries, since it was purchased from us you can check with our eCommerce team about trying to exchange the case. They can be reached at 855-726-8721 directly. Alternatively, I can set up to service the tablet itself. It is possible that it's software related and not something in the case itself at all. Sadly though, only a certified technician would be qualified to offer that exact diagnosis. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user0AkW5IgOZO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I called 1800-SAMSUNG, got tech support, told them I bought it from Samsung, and he seemed to believe he couldn't troubleshoot it, that he needed to forward me to what he said was an internal group for troubleshooting... but instead the next person on the line just wanted to process the return (???). I've asked her to send me to tech support (?!?!) and I'm on hold. Again.

I'm not even convinced I can get the back off this thing...

user0AkW5IgOZO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tech support has no idea. They just want to replace it. Calling the number you gave me.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand, let me know if I can offer any further help. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user95MHI3r5wp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As another member posted, put your tablet into Dex mode and attach the keyboard and apply the update.  It will then finally be able to install the firmware update successfully.

user0AkW5IgOZO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh, and incidentally, the tablet can detect the keyboard being taken off and put back on...

• It asks to update the firmware when I cycle it off and on a few times...
  • It correctly shows and hides the software (screen) keyboard when the hardware (keyboard case) is detached.

So there's that!

userSZnSzBFleC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to open DeX then contine the dialog to update the keyboard firmware and it completed succesfully