cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Tab S7/+ Book Cover

I was ready to buy the Tab S7+, but don't want/need the keyboard cover. I was going to get it with the regular book cover until the design was revealed. It has a major flaw where the S Pen is supposed to be stored inside the book cover instead of on the back of the tablet like it is on the Keyboard Cover. In place of the flap that would cover and protect the S Pen is just an open space where the pen would connect to the tablet.

Why in the world would this be thought of as a good design? The S Pen needs to be connected to the back of the tablet in order to charge, and if you leave it there with the Book Cover, you run the risk of losing the S Pen because there is no flap keeping it protected. Why not just keep the same design as the Book Cover from the Tab S6, but make it for the Tab S7 and S7+?

I was ready to drop over $1,000 for everything but now, I'm not, unless Samsung realizes this error and changes the book cover. 
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Tab S7/+ Book Cover

It seems Samsung leaves a lot of money on the table instead of putting it in shareholder pockets.

Many people want to buy an unlocked Tab S7/S7+ 5G, or the 5G 512GB version (regardless of carrier).  Samsung basically told them to hit the road, Jack and don't come back.

Also Samsung has had several poorly designed covers (Tab S2 cover wouldn't let the tablet turn off.   The LED cover for Note 9, 10, 20, S9, S10, S20, etc., has several major flaws).  I don't understand why Samsung fails to take pride in their cover craftsmanship, but their actions say they are not serious about crafting decent, let alone good/great covers.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

They outsource that stuff to different manufacturers, they dont actually make those accesories in house..my Note cover says made in China Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have my s7 for about a week with the book cover and it's all going back specifically because I cannot get a cover there secure the s pen. absolutely worst design ever!!