Original topic:

Tab S7 - Sudden screen failure.

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 05:22 AM)
Jetster
Nebula
Options
Tablets
I currently have my Galaxy Tab S7 powered off and charged above 80%.

Yesterday I went to turn it on and the screen showed the lock screen, then seconds later the screen turned off while the tablet was still on. I told Bixby to turn off the tablet, I charged it and it showed the charging icon. When I turned back on my tablet, I managed to get to the home page and everything was fine until I pressed a notification from Google saying there was an account issue, but that account wasn't being used on the tablet. Then the screen completely turned off as i pressed the notification and the touch functionality stopped working too.

I've tried other things and they work so I've narrowed the reasons down to either a loose screen connection to the computer or there's a programming issue.

I've only had this tablet for 4 months.

This tablet plays a major role in my days, please reply quickly.
1 Reply
Jetster
Nebula
Options
Tablets
So after I found out my screen had input issues, I restarted it multiple times over the course of about 36 hours. I went on the findmymobile.samsung.com page and backed up my Tab S7 then factory reset it. I did this all on the website while the screen wasn't on. I basically gave it time to sort itself out. After about 44 hours, I turned it on and it worked normally. I put all the info in and it's back to normal.

TL;DR: After multiple forced restarts, I factory reset it, gave it time, and eventually after about 44 hours it got back to normal.