JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S7 landscape mode home screen flickering

(Topic created: 09-12-2020 06:03 AM)
userPrHfaupENG
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

When setting up home screen wallpaper for my tablet s7,  screen flickering happens after installing new wallpaper and turn the screen to landscape. The problem went away when I disable hw overlays.  Is anyone ELSE experiencing the same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Make sure firmware is up to date completely, Back up and reset the device. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
24 Replies
usereEobkGsdp6
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The same problem goes with  my s7 tab..I noticed  flickering  of screen in  landscape mode 

I thought it was a bug and I factory reseted my device ..but no cure ,problem still exists.

Plzz look into this matter and if its a bug ,fix it with an update asap..

Mikey
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
i have the same issue out of the box, happened before and after migrating apps.
0 Likes
Mikey
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Mine is the Tab S7+
0 Likes
userCqZG6tDBrB
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I just bought the new Samsung Tab S7+, and right from the start, I can see some flasing at the bottom of the tab (when vertically,

on the right when hotizontally).

Video 

Should I wait for some kind of a software update, or is this a hardware failure?

I tried with soft reset - no change.

Thank you and kind regards.

dboyrusky
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

RMA it 

0 Likes
userCqZG6tDBrB
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

does that mean, that I should return it?

Thanks, best regards.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Since it is having this issue and you just recently purchased it an exchange would be recommended with your retailer. If you did not recently purchase it then try running the device in safe mode you can do that by doing the following: 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators to have service processed
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useremy4du8QxT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

By booting your phone in Safe mode your device will run all the pre-installed apps in the system and will disable all downloaded applications. So, while in this mode try to observe your device if the issue persists. If not, then most likely a third-party app  caused the problem you can uninstall it and see if the problem will occur again.

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. As soon as you can see the ‘Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE’ on the screen, release the Power key and immediately hold the Volume Down key.
  3. Continue holding the Volume Down button until the device finishes rebooting.
  4. You may release it when you can see ‘Safe mode’ in the bottom left corner of the screen.
0 Likes
Mikey
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
i am have the same issue, about 3/4 the way down the screen it flashes every 5 minutes or so.
0 Likes