Original topic:

Tab S8+ Keyboard Cover stopped working

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 10:18 AM)
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The keyboard cover for my Tab S8+ just stopped working altogether for no reason that I can discern. Neither the tablet nor the keyboard have suffered any damage, and the keyboard had been working just fine right up until it stopped altogether. Now, when the keyboard is physically attached to the tablet, the tablet simply doesn't recognize that the keyboard is attached. It's like it's not there.

I've tried restarting the tablet a few times to no avail. Any other solutions I can try? (I'd love to avoid a factory reset of the tablet, if possible)

I'd also like to add that I have not installed or updated any apps between when the keyboard was working and now. I strongly believe that the issue has nothing to do with currently installed apps. (I have also booted into Safe Mode, and the keyboard still does not work.)

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@nisemikol I assumed that you have disconnected and reconnected the keyboard to the Tab S8+? 

0 Likes
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Multiple times, yes. Did that while the tablet was on, did it while the tablet was off. Tried every variation of that solution that I could think of.

Again, the weirdest bit here is that the keyboard was working just fine, then it stopped connecting to the tablet altogether. No physical drops, no damage of any sort, no new apps installed, no apps updated in between.

The only thing that did change was that I paired the tablet with my Windows 11 laptop using Link to Windows (which was already on the tablet). I really don't think this is the issue (starting the tablet in Safe Mood did not resolve the keyboard connection issue), but that's the only thing I know that changed between the working and not-working states of the keyboard.

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Make sure you're not sharing the keyboard.  Tap Cmd-Lang and see if it comes back.  This happened to me once or twice and the keyboard acts as if it's disconnected but connects right up with the Cmd-Lang. 

Next I would try Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset All Settings which will reset the settings in the Tab's Settings which is way less destructive than a Factory Reset

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
KeithP
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I had the same problem. Luckily, it was still within the warranty period. I coordinated with Samsung, sent it back to them, then they sent me a new one.
0 Likes
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hear that, Samsung?

Honestly, I don't care how this gets resolved—whether I receive help getting my current book cover keyboard to work again or I get a replacement keyboard—I just want a working keyboard for my Tab S8+

That's what I paid for—and it was a lot of money at that—and that's what I want back.

0 Likes
nisemikol
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My experience with Samsung has been entirely unlike yours.

First, I contacted support thru the Samsung support chat. Got someone who didn't understand the issue, created a ticket to replace my tablet rather than the keyboard. Later got a message saying that ticket had been cancelled and directing me to call. So I call, only to reach an automated message telling me that voice support isn't a thing at this time, to go back to support chat. I do that, and I get the run around. "Need to visit a service center" (there isn't one anywhere near me); need to call Samsung support (again, no such thing as Samsung support over voice at this time, it's only chat); and then, eventually, just rep after rep dumping my issue onto the next rep.

If this is how it's going to be, I will never--not ever--purchase another Samsung product ever again. I'mma tell all my peeps about this, too. Ridiculous that a multi-billion dollar company can put out a product that costs about $200 and which fails within 6 months, then refuse to do anything helpful about it.

Back to Google Pixel devices for me.

0 Likes
KeithP
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Interesting that they tried to get you to take it to a Samsung Support Center. They never offered me that option: there is one only six miles or so away. Sorry that they have been unhelpful to you, especially with a device still under warranty. ☹️
0 Likes