JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S8 Ultra random reboot

(Topic created: 03-15-2022 02:57 PM)
user9MkQphJvRz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My S8 Ultra reboots from the to time, 5 times so far in the two weeks I've had it. Seems to be when it's cold, no sign of crashing or other trouble, just using it and suddenly the screen goes black and I see the Samsung boot screen. 

Any ideas? I'm a programmer (Windows, web) so I'd like to find something like Event Viewer to see logs of what went wrong.

Thanks, Bob G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user9MkQphJvRz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

My tablet got an update a couple of days ago. Since then there have not been any surprise reboots.

Hopefully the problem was resolved, the update said it resolved stability issues.

Bob G

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
My 2017 Pixel 2 is doing the same thing. There are no issues or other problems. To me this might be a battery degradation issue

Options
Tablets
Did you set an auto restart time?
0 Likes
user9MkQphJvRz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
No. The time is completely random
0 Likes
Zakkry
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
With all due respect to everyone, it is what it is.

What I mean is, you still have an S8, when we are on the S22, your phone is not only old, it's outdated and honestly shouldn't even be used anymore.

There are cheaper new models that I severely recommend such as the A series.

Just like the iPhone 3G can still be used, it is severely not recommend. All devices have a shelf life, and your phone is sadly coming up on it's death date.
0 Likes
user9MkQphJvRz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
This is the tablet forum. As in Tab S8 Ultra. Not the ancient phone.
Zakkry
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/

"The reason the restart loop manifests in Samsung and Android devices is typically related to a communication error preventing the completion of the initial launch sequence. This error can often be traced back to corrupted files or applications, viruses like malware and spyware, or even broken system files."

Try factory resetting the tablet and test it for a few days to see if it still restarts. If it does still have problems and the above information doesn't work, you'll need to contact Samsung or your carrier (wherever you got the tab) and have them replace it due to defects. However, make sure you get recordings and proof of the issues. (Record using a phone, going to settings and showing the serial and device information as well as capturing the device resetting.)

If you have an SD card, ensure you try taking that out as the S8 series (the phone) had issues with the SD causing problems making the phone restart constantly.
Zakkry
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I know it sounds stupid, but you may honestly just have a defective device.
Options
Tablets
I had an old s6 that had the same problem. It was caused by a poor battery
user9MkQphJvRz
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Please, everyone, this is the brand new flagship Tablet we're taking about, not issues with old dying batteries