Original topic:

Tab S8+ recognizing mostly only SPen inputs and no Touch input after Update to One UI 6

(Topic created: 03-06-2024 10:14 AM)
TomToro
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hey everyone

This Problem drives me mad .. since i updated to One UI 6  (X806BXXU5CWK7) i have this very annoying problem that my normal touch inputs wont be recognized and only the SPen works

Pre One UI 6:
everything works fine no problem at all

One UI 6:
- when i reboot the tablet, the touch will be recognized immediatly if no propblem is present. Turn off/on with sidekey => i have to touch about 10-20 times until the input is recognized .. and sometimes it wont even work at all (but SPen works always)

and yes.. I have samsung devices since the i9500 (Galaxy S1) and i really tortured and know those devices very very well .. the Tab S8+ (X806b) is stock and hasnt been messed at all with .. 

Luckily i was able to downgrade from CWK7 back to BWI1 (Android 13 OneUI 5.1.1) and i know that the One UI 6x is the problem since on BWI1 everything was fine again without any problem .. 

Alas i updated the last security update (CXB4) and the problem still persists ... unfortunately the February security patch has binary level 6 .. which i didnt know and now i canot downgrade anymore to BWI1 since this is binary level 5 

Factory reset / wipe cache and all those good standard things wont work in any way.. i tried them all ..  the problem IS DEFINATELY somewhere in the One UI 6 ... i suggest a way how the magnet-sensors / grip sensors are processed .. and i REALLY hope that this is gonna be fixed somehow .. 

I have NO screen protector on the glass its a virgin gorilla glass .. and i have an UAG Metropolis Cover Case on the tablet .. and yes .. i also tried the whole stuff without the cover .. and still no succes .. 

maybe someone has something which i didnt cover ... (goodlock also uninstalled btw) and can help me.. this is driving me nuts ... 😅

6 Replies
Lily2233
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have the same problem after I updated it! How to downgrade it? I just can't bare it anymore
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
TomToro
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Done 😊

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

When you a Factory Reset did you restore your backup?  Try booting to Safe Mode and see if the issue presists.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
TomToro
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

i didnt restore a "backup" .. (since there is no NAND backup/restore with non-rooted devices) .. i restored the google profile .. which includes reinstall previous installed apps / contacts

since this tablet is not intended for "working" use .. more for "free time" use .. it doenst have many apps not already preinstalled .. the apps list has 103 Apps .. where ~20 are installed by myself

after i started the tablet in safe mode the problem persists .. the SPen is recognized without any flaw and the touch input wont recognize well ... after restart the touch input works for a few hours until completely folding and not recognizing any touch inputs ...

i recognized something.. dont know if this may be of use .. after restart when i want to unlock the screen (no screen lock btw.. only swipe to unlock) it doesnt matter how much i hammer / swipe on the screen.. the inputs will be recognized about 5 seconds after the display woke.. not before.. when i swipe 20 times it will only recognize swipes after 5 seconds .. or i could only swipe once and then again after the display woke after 5 seconds it will recognize the touch input ...  but as i said this is only after a fresh restart (Power on Reset / Power off - Power on .. it doesnt matter) ... after a few hours ontime (no matter how much the display is used / awake whaterver) the touch messes completely up and is unresponsive .. 

EDIT: my background as a coder (not android)  tells me that this may be that a specific service starts delayed or crashes later after a few hours .. a touchscreen input handler or whatever  of a kind which messes up .. but this is my opinion.. since i dont know android coding very well this deep i couldnt nail it .. i coded android stuff back then in the galaxy s - s7 time and also note 1 - 3 .. but that is way back and not really the same as today 😉

0 Likes
TomToro
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have now (seems so) resolved the problem

Factory reset didnt do the trick and i tried several concerning methods.. the one that did the trick was to NAND erase the tablet and repartitioning it and installing the binary 6 Stock firmware again.. i got to the point that the Tablet came up with a RDX error and from there i installed a absolutely clean system....  

Seems that the "normal" factory reset wont repartition / partition erase the system and that the firmware upgrade carried an error over and over... the tablet now acts as planned and without any input lag for 2 days straight.. i hope that this will remain  😉

0 Likes