cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AYEAHMAN
Constellation

Tab a 10.5 SM-T590 BIXBY Update killed 64GB Micro SD Card

Yesterday for me, 9/8/2019 for those reading this later. I get a prompt on my Tab A 10.5  to update. So I do, and 10 minutes later when I pick it back up to use it. I notice in my vlc app, that my SD files are just gone. I check the default file manager and it says SD card not inserted.  So I spend 5 minutes looking for that stupid SD card key so that I can pop open that sleeve,  and check if the SD card came loose or if some debris blocking contacts. I was wrong on both accounts.  The sd card was perfectly fine. My tablet and the sd card are less then 4 months old. I've went threw every option in settings. I've read threw the update and it had nothing mentioning anything about sd card improvement.  The sd card is a 64GB PNY EXTREAME, and it worked with no problems till this update. I've taken the sd card and placed it in my cell and my older "cracked screen damaged charging port" Samsung tab 4, and even on both those devices it didn't even register. Like I just put air into the sd card slot. The SD card isn't even encrypted.  The SD card was close to being maxed out but I don't think that's the problem. Not sure if the card just went bad or its  something in this update.  Yeah I wrote a story. Just being thorough my guy. Let me know what you know ,and preferably before I spend money on something I don't need.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Tab a 10.5 SM-T590 BIXBY Update killed 64GB Micro SD Card

That's too bad about the card, hopefully it can be recovered.  Do you have the MicroSd adapter that likely came with the card and can you insert that card into a windows PC?  Sometimes you can "Check" the card from windows to fix them.

To do that insert the card into a cardreader on your Windows  PC or Laptop, right click on the card in the file manager and select "Properties".  Then select "Tools" and  "Check" the card.

Sometimes WIndows will pop up a dialog when you insert the card and ask if you want to check the card for errors.

@usereUh2JTqFgy

AYEAHMAN
Constellation

Thanks for the tip, but no PC guy. Laptop charging port broke on me and decided to get this tablet instead of another laptop. It would of been the first thing I did after it happened if I had my laptop. I'm gonna try the company who made the card and see what they are gonna do. But thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I know this wont make you feel any better but I also got the Bixby update on my Tab S4 and my card is fine...it may just be a card failure.  I don't know what brand of card you have but Sandisk cards have a good warranty...I recently used it.