Original topic:

Tab e reader software glitch

(Topic created: 08-13-2021 05:24 AM)
userUjzvuuYIG8
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a new Tab A.  I have used a previous one to read e-books from the local library for some time.  I download books from the library and it puts them in "my files."  I have downloaded "overdrive" software from the library to read the books.  Worked fine on the new version until 2-3 weeks ago.  It downloads the file into the 'downloads' folder.  Older version I could click on recent files and it would open the txt acsm file with overdrive software.  New unit is trying to open the 'recent files' folder using software from a bridge game I have on my tab.  Error message reads, "Error:  error parsing file.  please try a different file.  When I use 'open with' it goes to the same software & same error message.  'open in new window' does the same thing.  I can still open the downloaded file by using the version in 'downloads', but why it won't let me open it from recent files I have no idea.  I tried deleting the bridge software and then tried to open the txt acsm file in recent files, but it wants me to pick software that I already have loaded and it does not open the file?  Thanks for any help.  Brian

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

I completely get how frustrating that this can be.  We're going to try and ease you frustrations a bit.  Do you recall if the Tab A has run any updates recently?  If it has done a full OS update we do suggest resetting the device.  Are you seeing the error if you attempt to use any other eReader applications or is it strictly the Overdrive that's giving you trouble?  I wanted to get some additional clarification on that.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userBxxRSQkeiE
Constellation
Options
Tablets

The overdrive software works fine when I open the txt.acsm file through the my files  'downloads' folder.    When I try to open the same txt.acsm file through my files 'my recents' folder I get the error message mentioned above and it is trying to open the file with software from a bridge card game I downloaded from google play.  No idea on software updates.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Thank you for the additional information. The error you are experiencing has to do with the file handling structure in the newer Android updates. When opening from the downloads app, you are going directly to storage/downloads/sample.acsm. Using the My Recents app, to are going to apps/my recents/downloads/sample.acsm. The additional length in the file chain is telling the Adobe DRM file protection that the file has the incorrect length, and is unable to verify the DRM validity. I will be happy to push this up to my engineers for investigation, and suggest that you report this to the Overdrive developers. I will need for you to provide the following information.

Tablet Model Number:

Android Version:

Android Build Number:

Overdrive Software Version:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes