Original topic:

Tab hard drive Vs memory card

(Topic created: 04-22-2022 01:12 AM)
user10rBHH2ZbN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi,

I'm looking at getting the Tab A8 as our home tablet, mostly used to watching Netflix, surf the net, check emails, read etc. Very limited gaming.

Can someone explain the benefit or differences between getting a 32gb model and a memory card, or the slightly larger 64gb model? I store a lot of books and pdfs on my current tab (old 32gb iPad) and we'll also download Netflix shows for our child for long car journeys.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

That's it.  Internal memory for apps and SD card for data,  Also the 64g model has 4gb of ram which will allow more apps running.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

6 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Tablets
Get the 64GB model and use the memory card as well. 32GB will leave you with too little for what you're looking to do
bill-e
Options
Tablets
Even 64 is small and you'll likely run out of internal storage at some point. I don't believe that the A8 allows for moving apps to SD card.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Options
Tablets
If you've been surviving on 32gb with movies I would say 64 gb is okay. Because the tablet might take 16 gb for android system files, and you'd still have around 48gb.

But if the movies are a new plan you haven't done before then the other posts are likely right about it being too small. Unless you're okay with the hassle of constantly swapping the video file in memory and complaints you'd get if you forgot to rotate the movies.
user10rBHH2ZbN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Seems like the 64gb model will be my best option at the moment, but just on the memory card aspect, is this an issue because you can't install apps on it? I presume any pdf books/documents or images or movies saved from Netflix etc can be saved onto the memory card, and I could use the primary hard drive for applications? Or is this an over simplification?

Thanks again in advance

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

That's it.  Internal memory for apps and SD card for data,  Also the 64g model has 4gb of ram which will allow more apps running.

Bill
---
user10rBHH2ZbN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

That's great, thank you Bill, and everyone else that responded.

Hope you all have a good weekend!